AC 2 Resort(Surat Thani)(Great Value!)
US$ 69
  • Beachfront
Khaosok Island Resort(Surat Thani)(Great Value!)
US$ 21
US$ 12
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 14/night.

US$ 46
US$ 45
  • Breakfast included
Bamboo Family Inn(Surat Thani)(Great Value!)
US$ 25
US$ 24
US$ 27
  • Pool
Amera Resort(Surat Thani)
Aunjai Place(Surat Thani)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfried ricedecent hotelwifi is freefamily roomroom servicepleasant stayhotel restaurantkoh samuituk tukthe busbathtubthailandkilometersstophairdryerprovincesofa
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Great place for a stop over on route to islands, we stopped just for a night as we were arriving too late to catch the ferry. The hotel is new modern (very new) and clean, room was very good - for UK travellers - very similar to a good quality premier Inn, now its 0800am in lobby waiting to be collected to get our ferry, well rested and should be sipping cocktails poolside by 1pm in koh pha nang. If what youre looking for is a quick rest and onwards then this is a good option.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Hotel Location: S Tara Grand is located in a quiet neighbourhood. Hence you would need a car or some form of transport to go into the city. Hotel building is certainly not grand but when you step into the hotel lobby, you will be greeted by this ‘grand’ toy bear attired in yellow hotel uniform and black hat.

Hotel Staff: When I arrived late evening, there’s a hotel staff (man) who came out to pick my luggage, led me to the counter where two lady receptionists efficiently checked me in. After that, the man then escorted me up to my room. That’s really good service!

Hotel Room: I got the corner room for a one night stay. When I stepped into the hotel room, my first ‘grand’ impression was “Wow, this room is so new, so clean, so big and so spacious!” Part of this ‘grand’ impression was due to the white shiny floor tiles, white painted walls and white bed sheets. The room is nicely decorated with contemporary shades of grey (e.g curtains) and white punctuated by a green sofa and green leg rest.
The bed mattress was comfortable and offered me a good night’s sleep.
The dressing table extends into a long ledge that offers storage space. The dressing table doubles up as the working table where you occasionally look yourself into the mirror during the work. A hairdryer is placed at the dressing table.
There is a kettle and coffee packs above the small refrigerator. Inside the refrigerator are 2 cans of beer and several soft drinks (I think these are free but better to check with the reception)
Although no luggage foldable bench in the room, I find it convenient to place my luggage bag on top of the drawers inside the wardrobe. There is no safe, no iron and no slippers.
There is no bathtub. I find it interesting that the 4 towels (2 big and 2 small) are folded in a nice pattern and placed on the bed.
Wi-fi is free and the internet speed was fast.

Hotel Restaurant: I didn’t take dinner nor lunch at the restaurant that’s adjacent to the reception. I did look at the menu – it’s just your typical local Thai dishes. But I did eat at the restaurant for breakfast. I find interesting that every table has a non-slip tablecloth (first time for me). Food fare include fruit juices, fried eggs, sandwiches, soups, porridge, sausages, ham, fruits, vegetable salads, sautéed vegetables, fried rice noodle, fried rice and normal rice and toasted bread. There’s a Nescafe vending machine that dispensed hot chocolate, latte, cappuccino, expresso, tea and coffee. So nothing great but enough to fill your stomach to start the day

Overall, this is one 3-star hotel that surprised me in a few ‘grand’ ways which added onto my experience of a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank SGWorldTravellor
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I recommend this hotel both business or travel trip to Surat Thani province in Thailand (in case you do not go to Koh Samui or Koh Pha Ngan or others).

The location is closed to airport and city areas.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

S Tara Grand Hotel is the few hotels that I decided to give terrible grading. Hardware-wise the property is not bad but the policy is more like a prison. The staff had been train to enforce the poor policy by the management. The bellboy sat lazily at the door ignoring their check-in guest even when they saw help was clearly needed. The reception was more anxious to impose the Bht500 deposit to be refund at time of check out. Dirty dishes were left in corridor that smelt badly even when room service staff passed them by and ignored its present. The checkout process was another chaotic time. The maid had to give their ok before the Bht500 deposit was returned. After checkout from the hotel, I placed a telephone call to Ms Peh, the Assistant Manager to inform her of the poor attitude of the staff but I felt it was fallen to deft ear.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charn P
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Really good hotel approx. 25 min from Surat Thani airport. Stated one night on the way from Koh Phangan to Bangkok.

I had expected a slightly rough hotel, but already the exterior changed my impression. Looks really fancy from the outside and inside they have a big reception (open 24 hours) with nice and helpful staff. At check-in they help arrange transfer with private car to the airport for 500 bath. The car showed up 5-10 min before scheduled time!!

Big, spacious rooms with great bathroom, shower with good water pressure! Clean and comfortable rooms, complimentary water, hairdryer and good flat screen TV.

Breakfast okay, mostly thai-food such as fish and pork dishes, porksausage, rice soup etc. However they had fried rice and fried egg, which is fine for me, white sliced bread, butter, marmelade and fresh fruit. Plus for espresso machine, though coffee not so good in my taste.

Also tried the hotel restaurant which was good. Not the best thai-food, but definitely okay if you don't want to leave the hotel. Good service.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple