“Decent 3 star hotel”

Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Chonburi
Singapore, Singapore
“Decent 3 star hotel”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Well, with its nightly rates, I'm sure this hotel is decent enough to spend the night. No doubt that the rooms are out-dated, but in livable conditions. One good point is that there are many eating place around the hotel, so you will definitely not go hungry.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I'm not sure why people would want to visit chon buri but it's not a place to imagine going for a holiday.

Pros
1) relatively cheap
2) room service is ok
3) service staff is friendly

Cons
1) no free wifi and paid wifi is expensive
2) the whole hotel is stuck in the 80s. Room is very basic and old. I found ants on the desk. TV is 15inch and the oldest model i have ever seen, a black box to be exact.
3) rooms are small if you're a big tall guy / lady.
4) no hotel safe.
5) limited toiletries, no slippers and so on.
6) almost all the TV channels are in thai.
7) breakfast not great and limited.

Like I said it's not a top notch hotel but if you're going for a sleep or two it is ok. I would list it as a motel instead for it's standards.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank j c

Travellers are raving about these Chonburi hotels

Seattle
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I stayed at the Chon Inter Hotel for an extended stay and generally found it to be a nice, adequate hotel. I seems to have perhaps had its zenith in the 1980's or 90's, but I found it to have all of the amenities I need and was comfortable enough. It's not high on luxury by any means, but it's likely the nicest hotel in the Chonburi area. The restaurant was pretty good, the internet worked quite well (very important to me), and even a basic room was large enough to feel comfortable for a long stay.

It's nice that in the area you have two 7-11 convenience stores, a Swensen's ice cream parlor across Sukhumvit road (by the pedestrian bridge) and a KFC and Dunkin' Donuts in the Forum Shopping center which is a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Valkyrie_Kate
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We were here for a week cause we had work in Ban Beung, Chon Buri. It was nice and comfortable. Rooms had all the amenities and it had a little shopping mall within walking distance with some fairly good places to eat...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank punti_in
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I must say that I've been staying in this hotel regularly for 3 years, however, I would like to comment on staff's service mind.

My colleagues and I have opened in total of 5 rooms for a month, in which we are billed once a week in which the invoice opened another line item for hot water service. One of the week I believe the boiler was broken with no hot water for the whole week, however, once we were billed with hot water services in which we have not use for a week. We complained to the front desk, but in return we only get a smile back which pretty much for Thais signify that there's nothing you can do about it, we are going to charge you this amount.

Another case was one day I ate a biscuit snack at the room's mini bar which on the market cost only 10 THB. On the day after, I replaced it back to the mini bar, however, the billed came with 35 THB biscuit in which I have already replaced. However, I was insist by the staff that I must pay for it, so that's ok, and I told the staff to give me back the one I replaced. However, the walk took so long that in the end, I just have to walk away without getting the biscuit I replaced and 35 THB payment, in total 45 THB (450% markup on simple biscuit)

Other than that the rooms is ok, in which I have always been getting a nice sleeping quality.

The location is quite far from industrial area, however, most companies do provide transportation.

Cleanliness is up to standard except for sticky toliet and dark torn towels are still being used.

Overall it is ok.