See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am using this Hotel for my clients for more than three years now from independent travelers , family to Big groups. the rooms standard have always been to their satisfaction,food has been fantastic.last week i had a group of 18 Pax and i had opportunity to stay there for tow days .what i liked most was to meet hotel chef to discuss what i wanted my clients to have and that was it. my clients left with flying colors. Personally was so pleased to use their rooms and their restaurant and bar services

Room Tip: ask for mount mere views room. all rooms are AC fixed so you might need to ask them to regulate sometimes.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here before and after climbing Kilimanjaro, the hotel was lovely and clean upon arrival and had porters to take our (very heavy) bags to our rooms. The lobby had a lot of space with chairs and tables and it also had free wi fi in lobby and bar in the hotel.

On way to kili we stayed for one night, had a buffet dinner in restaurant which was nice and then a buffet breakfast on our way out to climb, was lovely couldn't fault breakfast.

On returning to hotel it was lovely to get into my room and back to the luxuries of the real world instead of on the mountain. Shower was lovely and powerful. And beds nice and comfy, (Im sure anything would of done after being on the mountain for a week though hahaa) And the pool was a welcoming sight too.

The hotel put on for us a lovely buffet dinner outside by the pool when we got back as a celebration, it was great with a nice atmosphere. The staff at this hotel are lovely and friendly also.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were on a 21 day tour of Kenya and Tanzania March and April 2014 and stayed at the Snow Crest Hotel in Arusha, Tanazania for three (3) nights. The service at the hotel was excellent and the rooms were first class. We had breakfast and dinners at the hotel and were very pleased with the food.

The Hotel is a short distance from downtown Arusha on the road to Kilimanjaro Airport. It was very quiet at night and has a very nice swimming pool. Wifi was available in the bar and lounge.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Arusha.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Snow Crest Hotel twice while accompanying my partner on his business trips. The staff are very friendly but the managers are out of reach! What I dislike most is the breakfast! They have the worst breakfast! The rooms are superb especially the shower. The beds are comfortable. The gym equipment were not working on both stays, nothing was done about it after I spoke to the manager.
From a hotelier perspective, I strongly think this hotel has lots of potentials if put under good management.
Overall, it is a standard hotel, nothing out of the ordinary.

Ann N.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel before and after climbing Mt Kilimanjaro. Considering the conditions in the tents on the side of a mountain, the hotel is a welcomed sight of returning back to normality. However, the hotel room layout and numbering can leave you puzzled to where your room is actually located. Normally in hotels the rooms with a number 320 would be on the third floor not first floor from the lift and up and down a few stairways. I believe the room numbers are split into the sections/ wings of the hotel.

The rooms are clean and spacious with the usual amenities you would expect in a modern hotel. On reading reviews of cleaners stealing personal belongings I wanted to lock valuables into the safe. Unfortunately my safe had no batteries and reception were not willing to sort the issue due to not understanding the purpose of using a safe. The first night in the hotel the air conditioning did not work, however, on return to hotel this was not an issue. The rooms have a fridge, LAN internet and TV with English channels. The shower does flood into the bathroom so be sure to be careful on the wet floors.

The hotel does state a cashier service but do not have any cash to provide. This is a common theme through the hotel of not providing the services they state. However, there is free WIFI in the communal areas of the hotel.

The hotel has a small swimming pool and sunbathing area next to the bar. The food at the hotel is good especially from the buffet BBQ meal on return from Kilimanjaro.

The hotel needs improvements in meeting customer needs and expectations but is an ideal hotel to stay in for Mt Kilimanjaro.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends