Open today: 8:00 am - 11:00 pm
Review Highlights
President of a 501C(3) Nonprofit in California

The owners of AAAdventures are seasoned professionals who know what tourism is about. They are... read more

Reviewed 10 May 2020
Camera99
via mobile
Awesome Safari in Tanzania

Our group of 18 travelers was very well taken care of by Masha, Sam & Seve. Their knowledge of... read more

Reviewed 29 March 2020
646charliea
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2019

This was the trip of a lifetime and AAA made the entire experience a relaxing and amazing journey. AAA are gracious hosts and knowledgeable guides allowing our group to simply relax and enjoy every moment. Hospitality of the camps is overwhelming and every need was taken care of. It was amazing to me that considering we spent 8 days in a row of 6-8 hours on dusty bumpy dirt roads, I never got tired of it and was sorry to have to see it end. I woke up each day thinking that AAA can't beat that day of safari but then they did! I couldn't wait to get back in the truck and spend a day with our guides and fellow travelers. Masha and Teri of AAA are the most gracious tour leaders and I would not hesitate to travel with them again.

Reviewed 11 June 2019

Out of five stars Authentic Africa Adventures gets six. I can’t say enough about how amazing Daniel is - and how amazing our trip was. He took care of every detail from start to finish with the biggest smile and the best laugh. He catered the trip to fit our timeline and style of traveling - glamping was wonderful and the staff at each place we stayed was warm, friendly and offered top notch service. The safari vehicle was comfortable and modern, and his eye for spotting animals allowed us to see all the big five plus many smaller more rare creatures. Our highlight was spending an hour watching two lions with their four cubs, who were lounging in the shade of a tree directly next to our vehicle. I’ve travelled the world and this by far has been my favorite experience. It’s all about the guide!

Date of experience: June 2019
Daniel M, Owner at Authentic Africa Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2019

Hello Kerry, Myself and all the entire team of the Authentic Africa Adventure we always feel proud to have been with you while visited Tanzania, we highly appreciate you trust and your excellent team player for the entire time you were with us, thanks for all the time we spent together and yes there is a lot more to come, see you in future.

Reviewed 26 May 2019

My husband and I just returned from a 10 day safari in Tanzania. Our guide for the majority of the trip was Masha, aka Daniel, one of the owners of Authentic Africa Adventure. I wasn’t sure what to expect on this trip having never been on a safari adventure but Masha made sure we had the best safari ever. My focus was on birds, wildlife and a cultural experience. My husband was also focused on wildlife. Masha made it happen. My total number of birds seen and identified by Masha was over 80. He knew every single bird I pointed out and also pointed them out before I even saw them. On the cultural side, Masha encouraged us to visit a Maasai village and it was the experience of a lifetime. My husband got to wear a red Maasai cloth and was invited to participate in their jumping ceremony. I found out white men can’t jump. Ha Ha, I got to participate with the ladies in their dance with the beautiful necklaces on the bounced as we all danced in line to meet the men. We also got to experience seeing the Maasai children’s tiny school and they sung a song for us. Learning about their culture was fascinating. We also explored the Hadaze and Dagota cultures and spent half a day with each. We went hunting with 4 young Hadaze men throughout the bush and then returned to their camp and learned how they make fire (it’s definitely an art) and how to shoot a bow and arrow. Hubby did fairly well shooting it about 20 feet but no comparison to what they could do. We then went to the Datoga blacksmith who makes the arrow points and trades with the Hadaze. He showed us how he uses a cow skin bellows, charcoal and various crude instruments to forge metal into various shapes. Wildlife-We saw more wildlife than I imagined. We saw more lions than I could ever imagine. Even the lions that climb trees. The trip down into Ngorongoro crater was spellbinding there were so many animals-hippos, wildebeest, zebras, Cape buffalo, black rhinos, jackals, birds and more. We also explored the Tarangire National park and Lake Manyara National Park. Masha, owner of Authentic Africa Adventures, made the trip special for our 50th wedding year. His knowledge of all things Tanzania, his sense of humor and his curiosity for knowing more about American culture and his sharing of the politics of his country sparked many deep and interesting discussions. This is a long winded review but I can’t say enough good things about this trip and Masha. Memories to last a lifetime.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 31 March 2019

AAA's Masha led four vehicles and three other superb drivers that transported Dak and 22 fellow travelers to Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti. With his partner, Teri, he treated us to the very best in the full and complete understanding of the life, society, history and culture of Tanzania. The trip was a mid-range experience, in terms of cost, that was indeed authentic. The knowledge they imparted to us all along of the animal and plant eco-system was comprehensive. We not only witnessed but virtually interacted with our environments throughout, to the extent that the whole experience was life-changing, spiritual and transformative. We all came away with much more than we expected. I highly recommend the experience and recommend without qualification AAA as the best of the best to introduce travelers to this part of the world. The Force is strong with these Jedi, and I can assure all that the Galaxy pales in comparison to the wonders of Tanzania and its people. John Morton, "Dak" from Star Wars "The Empire Strikes Back

Reviewed 29 March 2019

I have just returned from an amazing safari on the Serengeti. It was the best! Authentic Africa Adventure took care of every detail so that we could enjoy every moment. Being up close and observing lions, elephants, zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, etc. brought the beautiful Tanzanian ecosystem to life. Masha, Teri and the other guides' awareness of the environment, knowledge of animal behavior, and wonderful personalities allowed for great conversations as we observed our environment. I learned so much and was deeply moved by the beauty of what we saw. We also were given enriching cultural experiences and pleasant accommodations. I always felt our guides were one step ahead of our needs. Each day allowed us to explore a new adventure while feeling assured we were in the good hands of people who knew how to both let us explore this new world while keeping us in their good care. It is a trip you will never forget!