1,105 results
All reviews swim up bar mad dogs premium room sri lanka duty manager sea view mini bar public beach higher floor lovely balcony front office staff dinner buffet amazing hotel special thanks modern hotel direct access to the beach pool staff
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We decided to stay at a luxurious place for our last night in beautiful Sri Lanka. We were shown to our room. It was a nice enough room, but it didn't look like the pictures as advertised in Booking.com. Their pictures are inaccurate and photoshopped.

Everything in the mini bar is included with the room (unless you want a refill). That is a nice touch! We went to the pool and tried to relax. It is here that you realise that you're in the middle of a crow war zone. There's that many crows that you can't hear the ocean. Squark, Squark, Squark, it's all you hear after a while. This is not the hotel's fault, and it did seem that they were trying a few different things to get rid of them, but nothing seemed to work, and more and more crows would just keep appearing. So if you like crows, then this is your dream hotel.

Dinner was absolutely fantastic. The presentation, the choice, the taste, and the staff was all 5* and frankly some of the best food we had all holiday.

We went to bed, tired from all the travelling and had a good nights sleep. The next morning, we were due to fly at 10pm so I rung up reception to ask if we could check out a little later, they granted us a 1 hour extra stay in the room which was nice. I also asked if there was an area where we could freshen up before the flight home. We were told we could get a courtesy room for 30 minutes and were given the time slot of 6:15pm. This would have worked out great as we would get to the airport with perfect time.

Breakfast the next day, once again was 10/10 fantastic.

We went to the room to get ready for the pool when I went to put on my watch. I realised it wasn't with me. I must have left it by the pool the previous day. I rung up reception again and asked to speak to lost and found hoping someone had handed my watch in. After being left on hold for 10 minutes, I rung back and was told they hadn't found it.

To be fair to all the staff, they all seemed concerned and were all helping to look for the watch, but to no avail.

Luckily I had travel insurance and after speaking with my insurer, they mentioned that I would need a letter from the hotel as proof that the incident happened in order to start my claim.

Crows aside, you can't really relax at the pool and enjoy the view of the sea, as the beach attached to the hotel is public, meaning some locals come, hang on the fence and look at you and your partner whilst you're trying to sunbathe, and try and sell you things. I know they are only trying to make a living, but if you want to buy something, you'd go to a market. The security of the hotel should not allow these people to just drape their elephant sheets over the fence and try to whistle people over to come sell their merchandise. This is not 5* luxury. And the security clearly see it, and do nothing! Any time you wanted to go and walk on the beach, the security would let you out of the gate, only to be harassed by a bunch of locals trying to sell you things!

What really made this place a disappointment was when we were leaving the hotel. The man at reception told me he could not provide me with a letter saying my watch had gone missing due to some rule I did not understand. Without this letter, I could not start my claim and it was too late to call the police as we had a flight to catch. Also we wanted to get changed and shower in our courtesy room which was offered to us, but we kept being told to wait 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes. At this point we just got changed in the lobby toilets. The staff at reception at this point were frankly quite rude and very unhelpful, having an excuse for everything I had suggested.

Don't offer something you can't give, we had a flight to catch and there should be more than one courtesy room available.

The property could be improved so so much if they sectioned off an area of the beach to make it private for it's guests. Or at least stopped locals trying to cat call you over to buy their things whilst you are trying to relax, or take pictures of the sea.

I'm not sure if anything can really be done about the crows, but it really is annoying!

I am now trying to email them to discuss what I can do for them to help me with my insurance claim for my missing watch!

Oh, and make sure you read the terms and conditions before you book on booking.com as they add on 30% to the prices quoted!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephan_1987
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have had a wonderful stay and thank all the staff for the good hospitality and especially our friend Lashan and we will come back to you again
We liked the breakfast buffet and it contained many tasty and healthy varieties as well and the view was very nice on the

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lolooooooo44
Nipuni S, Manager at Heritance Negombo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to hear that you have had a comfortable and relaxing stay at Heritance Negombo.

It is truly encouraging for me and my team to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.

We will be delighted to welcome you back in our hotel, and let us know of your plans to visit Negombo again in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great Hotel, beautiful rooms, with a spectaciular view on the ocean. Lashan gave us an upgrade for the 4 nights we stayed here! The pool is big, great Service in the pool area. If you want to enjoy a luxury holliday, that is the place to go.

Stayed: April 2018

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A nice hotel but I would not recommended for families with young children as they do not have any children activities, they don't even have a park for children to play the only think to do is play at the pool.
This is a beach from property but you can't really swim in the ocean is too dirty and much too many waves and they don't have a life gard on duty at the beach. The food is good but way too expensive compare to other nice restaurant around the area and same quality of food.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Heritance Negombo and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

While appreciating the positive endorsements, we have taken note of the concerns raised and will ensure that the same is shared with the team.

We do hope that you will visit us again in the near future and look forward to serving you once again!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This was the best hotel we stayed at whilst in Sri Lanka and unfortunately it was only for a couple of nights. The hotel was nice and modern, lovely pool and beach. Lots of restaurants close by and the breakfast was really good. We had a massage too which was very reasonable. Definitely recommend this hotel. Very close to the airport.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Nipuni S, Manager at Heritance Negombo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read your sentiments with regard to your recent visit to Heritance Negombo and thank you for the recommendations given.