“Nothing special.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rani Holiday Village

Rani Holiday Village
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Negombo
Rani Holiday Village
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Negombo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nothing special.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

I stayed here while my partner was on a buisness trip. I was absolutly gobsmacked at how myself being a western female was treated, and how unprofessional one male receptionist was. I had called down to to reception to see if I could use the telephone to call my partner. He later called to my room, requesting why I hadn't been down for dinner, when I said he wasn't hungry he told myself I was telling lies, and stated he wanted to see me or he could come to my room implying this wasn't just to chat, This made me feel very uncomfatable/ scared and astonished how unprofessional staff can be. Reported to staff in which he denied this and to my knowledge no action was taken. Would never stay here again for that reason. I had also asked the receptionist if there was a printer or internet I could use to print my flight number out this request was denied. Also Negombo beach is dissapointing get down south if you want paradise.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank chocalatesx
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

The hotel stay was decent though was nothing spectacular. We initially checked into the apartment but since the AC was not working and there was no phone to call the reception, we preferred staying in the 2 storeyed building which has rooms close to the reception. The room was well maintained, clean, with safe, TV, fridge, AC. The room service is not too good as they dont have too many workers. The best part of our stay was the excellent food served at the hotel. The chefs are really well experienced and churn out real good food. Even the simple soups here taste out of the world. Since i had an infant, i could even use their kitchen to cook some baby food and that indeed helped me a lot. Very courteous and helpful staff and are ever ready to help. Recommend this hotel for your stay and also your food!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kavithap
Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed here for 2 brief stays at the start & end of our holiday, both times in family suites. The first suite (rm 5) was small and dark, but the second one(rm 7) was much nicer. The hotel is generally quiet. It has a nice small pool, although this did seem to be occasioanlly used for local swimming lessons. It's located on the main beach road very close to the beach and restaurants. Overall we found it nice enough for a short stay, but nothing special.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Karachi,Pakistan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

Dear Friends ,
While returning from Kualalumpur to Karachi we (me and my wife and four children) had to stay one night in a Hotel given by the Srilankan Airlines and at the airport there were at least one hundred people at the counter of transit/transfers ,any how i succeeded to get a voucher of 3 doublebedrooms in a hotel named Paradise Holiday village and we proceeded to the transport counter and were given seats in a coach having almost 4 families and few single passengers . the coach started and after a distance of 10-15 mins the driver started announcing the hotel names and stopped there and the passengers having that Hotels voucher dropped there . when we reached our Paradise Holiday Village Hotel ,it depicted adverse as what we have seen in the hotels on our way .First of all it was opposite to the beach & it had no enterance gate and the counter was almost on the road anyway looked as a Haunted House where it was very difficult to stay with four kids ( aged 3,6,11,15yrs and all girls) . After seeing the rooms i rushed back to the reception and told them that i cannot stay there because there were lizards in the washrooms and Aircondition was not working and need to talk to the airline person ,the guy at the reception called some number and the guy from the Srilankan airline namely Isuru told him on phone that there are too many passengers therefore all hotels are fully booked therefore He could not do anything any ways i got out on tuktuk and started searching other hotels and reached this really PARADISE BEACH HOTEL and met their General Manager Mr.E.Croos who was a real gentle man and He agreed with me that one can live with animals and lizards etc in a mountain cave but not in a hotel room , Any way Mr.Croos was really an angel for me & my family in the Paradise Beach Hotel and He said, you stay here and i will solve the matter with the airline people ,Any way the Hotel is Lovely and the staff from the bottom to the top were Real help and i would never stay in any other hotel in NEGOMBO SRILANKA .

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank NMarufi

Travellers are raving about these Negombo hotels

Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

We came to this hotel after being caught up in the post-volcano chaos. Unlike other, bigger hotels, this hotel didn't raise its prices to rip off helpless travellers. The hotel is lovely - rooms are spacious, clean, with lovely bathrooms, air-con, tv, fridge, safe, fan. The food in the restaurant is really good - they have excellent chefs and all food is freshly cooked - no luke-warm buffets here. The staff are friendly and customer satisfaction is their number one priority. The manager, Anton, and his wife were extremely helpful and kind. The gardens and swimming pool are attractive and well-laid out. We had a lovely, and very reasonably priced, week here. I know where I would stay if I went back to Sri Lanka!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple