Villa Hundira
Amagi Aria(Negombo)
Ared Villa(Katunayaka)
Onreech Hotel(Seeduwa)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfamily homespent wonderful nightsfurnished with antiquesdinner orderinteresting couplelocal womenstay longer than one nightprivate guestsoccasional planelast nightsri lankathe entire propertyeasy access to airportfamily staysmiling staffnegombo lagoonlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I began and ended my time in Sri Lanka at Villa Hundira, due to its proximity to the airport. It was a great intro to Sri Lankan food and hospitality, and felt like "coming home" by the end of my 10 day travels. The first night, my arrival time of 1:30am didn't pose any problems for them, and unfortunately my 8:30 am departure didn't give me sufficient time to fully appreciate the Villa Hundira. My last night, after 10 days of being on the move, I arrived mid-afternoon and was able to really explore and enjoy the grounds, the food, and the company of Indira, before my 4:30am pickup for my flight.

I stayed in two different rooms overall, each lovely, spacious, and with a huge bathroom/shower. The highlight for me was the time with Indira, exploring the property and specifically the crafts area where Thimble crafts/works of art are created by Indira and her team of local fishermens' daughters. The little gift shop off the reception area has a small selection of lovely gifts/crafts, but the bigger collection near the workshop is even more amazing. I will say that in my 10 days of travel throughout the country, there was nothing I really found to purchase that adequately conveyed the unique attributes of Sri Lanka. Until I found Thimble. I wound up buying all my gifts/souvenirs at Villa Hundira, as well as at the shop in the airport that also sells Thimble items.

Anyhow, I highly recommend Villa Hundira for a night or two at the beginning or end of one's time in Sri Lanka.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

A heaven to relax!!!

The owner is Swedish and has succeeded to meet the Sri Lankan touch with the modern design.

Between the lagoon and the sea ( both not really possible to swim there), it's a beautiful place to relax for 2 nights.

The staff is really nice and the food, in general, is really fresh and good.

Every apartment has their own table to have dinner in an intimate place.

There are 2 swimming pools to lay out and enjoy the sound of the bird.

Only things are:

We had 2 beds : the second was not comfy and super noisy, quite old I think.

The beaches are not beautiful.

We didn't succeed to lock our door because it was either super tough or broken but we felt safe. They take fees on the transfer to airport and other cities - so that can be expensive.

We came back a second time before leaving Sri Lanka - we truly felt at home. Everything was perfect from the arrival to the departure: we had a lovely room near the pool, the staff was so lovely, we had breakfast + dinner: always really good and we got a massage before going to the plane: the therapist was so professional and the massage was really good.

You go there to relax before or at the end of your trip.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We just finished a wonderful stay at Villa Hundira at the end of our trip in Sri Lanka. This is a very special spot that exceeded our expectations. We had one day to enjoy the beautiful grounds where there are many cozy nooks and comfortable places to relax. The antique furniture and attention to detail like fresh flowers make it homey and inviting. The staff went above and beyond to help us and we will be coming back on the next occasion. The spa is also a must!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent our last two nights here and had a fantastic time. The decor throughout the property is amazing and our room was so spacious. The pools were great for my 6 year old daughter and the beach is a 5 minute walk to collect shells. The food was delicious and the staff did their best to accommodate when necessary. This is a great place to stay for a quiet, relaxing start or end to your holiday.

Room Tip: The suite was lovely
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophie J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is beyond underrated! Photos of the villa on the internet does not do them any justice! We booked it as it was close to the airport and we had a flight the day after. The grounds were beautiful and extremely well decorated, if you are into antiques you are in for a real treat, we spent hours exploring the villa looking at the huge collection of antiques in this villa! There are common rooms all over the hotel, for you to relax in.

The rooms were not your usual "hotel rooms", very unique in style. The hosts was very welcoming and friendly. The Sri Lanka dishes on the menu was delicious!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple