All reviews purple room mango suite calm oasis staff for making my stay stepping stones bath products a couple of minutes walk gay men sri lanka fruit platter rest and relaxation home away from home fish pond the security guard kept spotless tea and coffee little things
Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

We arrived here a night earlier then originally planned and it was the best decision we made. The car went down a small ally and I really wasn't sure what to expect but much to my surprise as soon as the door opened it felt like we were transported to a secret little paradise full of bright colours and warmth. The design of the garden is just lovely, my wife loved the swimming pool. The whole place was so peaceful and relaxing.
The breakfast was fantastic and the room itself was good. Had a large balcony and I was positively amazed at how quickly the rooms were cleaned in the mornings.
After two weeks of traveling around Sri Lanka this place was exactly what we both needed. The team at Dickman resort were all so friendly and helpful- having young charming men tending to all our needs was just perfect. We both really felt comfortable here, almost at home comfortable and should we return to Sri Lanka we would certainly stay here at the end of our trip again. I also loved all the rainbow touches across the hotel.

I genuinely can't rate this place enough, plus it took us only 35 minutes to reach the airport which is a bonus.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rexos4
Dick B, Owner at Dickman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Dear Guests,
Thanks for your lovely stay and great comment on Dickman Resort ,The Boutique Hotel . This is the best information for new Guests who never stay before with us and looking for luxury and relaxing days in Negombo .All our staff where very happy to serve you two they really enjoy to see you feel so comfortable with us and Sri Lanka. Of course we look forward to see you in the near future you very welcome and from here our Best Regards and wish you Two all the best where ever you go;-)

Reviewed 25 April 2015

I have just returned from yet another blissful stay at the Dickman Resort, my 12th visit since 2007.

From the time that a driver picks you up at the airport for the 20 minute drive to the hotel until the end of the holiday nothing is spared to ensure the comfort of guests.

The hotel is in the main tourist area of Negombo in a quiet location a 5 minute stroll from the beach. Negombo is far from my favourite location in Sri Lanka (the beaches in the south are much nicer) but it has improved over the years with now a much wider choice of restaurants and bars all within easy reach of the hotel.

The reason why I keep returning to Negombo is the Dickman Resort. The rooms are large, well equipped and comfortable, and are spotlessly cleaned daily. The big walled garden features a large chemical free pool (also cleaned daily). But the best thing about the hotel is definitely the friendly, cheerful and well trained staff, many of whom have worked there for years.There is always somebody there to make up a sun bed by the pool, fetch food or drink or even run an errand to the shops. Laundry is routinely collected daily and returned immaculately cleaned and ironed the next day.

If you are looking for an activity based holiday then the Dickman Resort is is probably not for you (although the hotel does organise tours both local and island wide), but if you want to recharge your batteries by being thoroughly pampered in peaceful (no children are allowed) and luxurious surroundings then I can't think of anywhere better.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but the Blue and Red suites are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank screenname055
Dick B, Owner at Dickman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Thanks so much , it is so very Special to see Your comment there as one of Our Good Regular guests who already come for so many years to Sri Lanka and Dickman Resort to see your perfect Information about the hotel that for future guests already exact know what is so interested to stay with us. Sure we are very proud of that and like to thank that you take the time to make this review on trip advisor and sure we will spoil you a little bit more with your next visit ;-) From all of us Our Warmest Regards and much more.

Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Dickman resort for two nights and we enjoyed every minut of our stay. We arrived with our flight in the middle of the night and had a pick up arranged by the hotel for a small fee, very smooth. This is a beautiful place with a lovely garden, awesome pool and truly great staff. Very cosy and colorful rooms, I will definetly come back next time visiting Sri Lanka after a long flight our before departure.
One other thing, There are alot of other places in Sri Lanka that are more beatiful then Negombo so don't waste to much time there, a couple of nights will do! Peace out!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrDanielsson
Dick B, Guest Relations Manager at Dickman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

Thanks Mr. Danielsson,
For your visit at Dickman Resort we enjoyed also every minute of your stay.
Great to see your fantastic comment and that you like to come back next time when you visiting Sri Lanka on your departure days. Of course you very welcome and we do from here our Warmest Regards also to your good friend .Yours Damith and the Crew.,

Reviewed 11 March 2015

This was my second time at Dickman. Still the best what I have seen so far in Negombo. Still very caring for Details, still a nice retreat. But Little things happened which not need to happen. Cloth of mine did not return from the washing and disappeared. Did not get it back, but no offer to give me a refund for it, so that I can buy new, neither an excuse for that. A photographer was at the Resort for three and a half day. I agree that this in necessary for a Hotel , but it is disturbingand it would have been nice to have known this before Arrival. Just to be prepared, that also your room is needed for some hours and has to be redecorated for the Shooting. Little things, so just a remark , no critizsm.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Martin W
D D, Owner at Dickman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2015

Thanks Mr. Martin W,
For you second stay with us at Dickman Resort and brand is as "still absolutely nice". Sure we love that and we had great time with your stay even we use you as model;-). Thanks also for your information to get everybody sharp and better. Today I check the laundry department about the missing cloth (1x underwear). That the photographer maked a photo shoot of 1 hour in your room. Like to excuse for that. The good part is that the last night of the Photo shoot we invite you and all our guests to our Special Rice and Curry dinner included drinks and happy to hear you love it very much. Thanks again for the great ratings you give to Dickman Resort and sure with your next visit we like to do something extra;-). Warmest Regards Yours D and D and all the Crew.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

I stayed here for 7 nights. Rooms were amazingly clean and the whole property is immaculate. Service is what makes this place special. All the staff just do an amazing job . Nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are stylish and range from very comfortable to luxurious. I had a fantastic stay and would love to return! Thank you all so much. I guarantee you will love it.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the little extra cost!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
D D, Owner at Dickman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2015

Dear Guest from the Special City of Brighton.
The City with the always Happy and Positive Few is was fantastic to have you last week sure we had the good feeling that you had a enjoy your time at Dickman Resort .Thanks so much for your stay and your review makes us proud that you like to come back soon to Sri Lanka You very welcome we look forward to it. Warmest regards Your D and D and all the Crew of Dickman.