“Superb house, service, location, and experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Breakfast on the terrace
Sunset on the terrace View of pool
Check Availability
Master bedroom sitting area
Twin Bedroom
Downstairs Twin
Upstairs terrace
Downstairs double room ensuite bathroom
Looking in from the garden
Master bathroom
Through to the garden
Master bedroom with views to the sea
Looking in from the garden
The sitting area from the stairs
Looking through to the garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Laura M
Toronto, Canada
“Superb house, service, location, and experience”
Reviewed 26 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

This is a fabulous place, and we were gloriously happy here. Whether we were sipping cocktails on the terrace overlooking the ramparts and the sea, or indulging in a fantastic late Sri Lankan omelette for breakfast, or relaxing in the beautiful stylish villa, or venturing into the streets for some sightseeing or shopping, we appreciated that this house really made our stay come alive. Our holiday in Villa Chandolu was a way to get extended family members together, and every one of us found that the house and the experience exceeded any expectations. Rooms are lovely and comfortable. Rumesh and Damika were gracious, kind, relaxed and so helpful. We very much hope to return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole package!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ARM905
Mont Tremblant, Canada
“Perfect spot - and very good value”
Reviewed 18 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

The upstairs bedroom is fantastic with a wonderful terrace facing west for sunsets overlooking the ramparts (apparently the only villa in the fort with this). Everything works well - including a/c, mosquito netting, wifi (routers on both levels). We were actually relieved that the plunge pool was not there, as it would have been a worry with my 1 year old grandson running around. The whole place is elegant, clean and furnished with flair. Rumesh makes a mean Gin Fizz and his flash seared tuna steaks and sashimi are a must. The houseboys both did a great job, including breakfasts, laundry and cleaning. The kitchen is well equipped and we did a bit of our own experimentation (South Indian fish and crab curries with dhosas).

It is hard to say what we liked least. The pillows are not 5 star, but they are OK

Travelling group: Extended Family
happycamp...
Melbourne, Australia
“Mmm not sure”
Reviewed 31 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

I put average for a couple of reasons. The main bedroom upstairs and bathroom are to die for! Our friends got that and loved it. We got the downstairs bedroom and bathroom with no shower and it was depressing and crappy! Very basic room with broken chair in corner and very rough bathroom. All attention went in upstairs but we all paid the same money. The villa upon entrance is very nice but what really made me choose this was the plunge pool! When we arrived we found that it was filled in as they had heritage permit problems. I really think the owner should have contacted me. Huge dissapointment! There is a lot of accommodation that is better and cheaper in the fort so do your research. I have tried to be fair in my critiquing as we paid good money for this property and it was advertised with a plunge pool. I do feel ripped off as I have seen what else is around. The owner needs to revamp downstairs bedrooms to make the place appealing to all guests.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
6 Nov 2014
I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We have never
received such negative comments before. I agree that the main bedroom with
its unparalleled view of the Ramparts and the sea does put the other two
smaller bedrooms in the shade and does make it difficult if three couples
are sharing. I don't think there is another house in the Fort with a view
and terrace which matches that of the master bedroom. The third bedroom is
indeed really more suitable for children and I think we should highlight
this on the website. As for the bathroom, we were in the process of
redecorating the whole house when we suffered a devastating leak due to
exceptionally heavy monsoon rain, we had to put all that on hold whilst we
made urgent repairs to deal with the damage. I nearly cancelled your
booking at the last minute but instead we moved heaven and earth not to let
you down but consequently the bathroom was not done in time for your stay. The plunge pool has been an ongoing issue
which I had been led to believe would be resolved in time for your visit. I
apologise as I agree I should have contacted you about it.
China
Reviewed 10 May 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
TeePodd
Sydney
“A Stunning oasis”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We two couples stayed at this amazing house for 2 nights in October 2013 and found it utterly charming. Once inside , away from the crowds of the fort, it was like a private heaven. The rooms are superb and every detail delightful. The staff looked after us brilliantly .

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the ambience of the house
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 375
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing