“Average place, food ok but not cheap”
Review of Grill Hut Ahangama

Grill Hut Ahangama
Ranked #55 of 176 Restaurants in Galle
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 33
Description: Grill Hut is seafood restaurant that is located Galle (Ahangama. We provide Seafood, Japanese Arab and Sri Lankan foods. Also we have grill and BBQ. Well experienced chefs and excellent servicing staff is our keys.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have no idea why this is listed as a Galle restaurant, given it’s in Ahangama, 20km away and shown there correctly on the map. No idea either what the fuss is about. When I went, there were only two tables out back, one of them nowhere near the very pleasant beach. Other tables are beside the busy road. Service was friendly and stylish (pretty plates and sprigs of parsley) and, as the only diner, I didn’t have to wait too long for the food. BUT he placed a sopping wet upholstered chair for me. By the time I realised and moved to a dry one, it was too late. And once they’d served me they all went off to play cards and I had to search around to find someone to pay.

The menu is short and prices are high. The curries are reasonable value (you can have them with rice rather than the bizarrely advertised “bread”) but portions are small. The food tasted all right, with lots of curry leaves and coconut milk, but wasn’t at all spicy – doubtless my fault for forgetting to ask.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Had a delicious prawn curry, will be going back soon to try some more dishes from the menu.
We sat at the roadside but the owner said they have tables round the other side on the beach.
Reasonable prices and good service.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We had an early fish dinner with a couple of beers. The food was freshly cooked for us, it was delicious. We were looked after very well and can thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We kind of stranded here and were not sure about the quality at first. The owner was very helpful and open, showed us his fresh fish (for inspection) and provided advice on the menu. At the end we were very happy about the quality and service, both way above the average of what we found in ten days Sri Lanka

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Most amazing sea food dishes I ever had...Grilled fish, prawns, soups are superb mouthwatering taste love to come again. ...