The Shilla Jeju(Seogwipo)
Hyatt Regency Jeju(Seogwipo)
US$ 436
US$ 285
Priceline
Hotel Tong Jeju(Seogwipo)(Great Value!)
US$ 41
US$ 35
US$ 379
US$ 347
US$ 115
US$ 99
Agoda.com
All reviewscasual restaurantinternational hotelmodern styleconvenience storeocean viewswimming pooltwo nightsphone numberporkrental carmoraprosislandsojujejuessentialssauna
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I've been told they consider it a "7 star hotel". Not quite sure if its that insanely perfect but it definitely falls in the general category of a 5 star luxury hotel. We stayed in the main hotel. There is also another building call the Resort. Not sure what the difference is but we never ventured into that building.

Location: The resort is on the southeast part of the island so its probably at least an hour drive from the main airport in Jeju city. We stayed at the Lotte Hotel in Jeju about 10 years ago and there seems to be a cluster of hotels in that area but Haevichi is much further east so its not in that cluster in Seogwipo. I was told the peak season is July and August with mid July to mid August being the "peak" peak time. There doesn't seem to be a lot right around the hotel so its best to have a car or you can have the bellhop get you a taxi.

Rooms: We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The room was very clean and spacious. It has a main bedroom area with TV, a master bath with both shower and bathtub, smaller bedroom and main living area with a larger flat screen TV and a smaller bathroom right by the front door. The smaller bedroom is in an alcove and sliding doors extending out to form a wall so its not a true separate room. The rooms do look like the pictures on their website and have a very modern feel to it. There is a reasonably spacious balcony outside.

Meals: We didn't eat in the hotel much but there are a couple of restaurants and a small bakery. In the morning, one of the restaurants has a buffet with both korean and western foods. We found the buffet decent but not phenomenal. A 3 minute walk outside the resort ground leads you to a street with a number of local restaurants. We often ate there for authentic Korean/Jeju meals. Our hosts spoke korean so I am not sure if the local restaurants speak english.

Amenities/Entertainment: There is free wifi in the room and the connection speeds were pretty good. There is an nice outdoor pool with a wading area for smaller children and a hot tub outside. The outside pool leads into an indoor pool but the indoor pool is often used by people doing laps. Its not an olympic size pool but large enough. There is also a very shallow pool for toddlers and another hot tub. You can order "bar" food and drinks near the pool and eat it inside or outside the pool area (sliders, ramen, spaghetti, etc). If you walk around the grounds outside the pool area, you'll see a nice playground for children and another set of outdoor pools for the Resort section so there are a lot of choices and drinks available there as well. The island is quite volcanic so there aren't lots of white sand beaches. We drove a couple of minutes away to a small beach so there is one somewhat nearby but its not the Bahamas.

We were with small children so we didn't visit the spa or any bars. During the peak season, they seemed to feature some fun themes. There was a hawaiian luau the prior week but we missed that. There was a jazz band that played a couple of nights when we were there and they were quite good. I guess they bring in interesting entertainment for certain weeks.

Service: Many of the staff seemed to be able to speak basic english. The menus are in both korean and english as well as the voice in the elevator so I suspect you can get by. Everyone was polite but you may not get the friendly greetings you sometimes see in some U.S. 5 star hotels. "Hello Sir", "Good Evening Sir". One thing that was interesting is the cleaning staff always leaves a note after the room is cleaned with the name of the person that cleaned it as well as another person that inspected it. Talk about accountability so I assume you can complain about a specific person if you had to and that should lead to very clean rooms. Everyone seemed polite.

Overall, I think its an excellent hotel. 4.5 to 5 stars and probably the best on the island. There is a golf resort associated with the hotel. Its a 20 minute bus ride from the hotel. We got rained out twice so I never played but the course and club looked well maintained and very posh. There is a restaurants and very nice locker room at the golf course. The prices are not cheap but probably in line with other 5 star hotels in general. I wouldn't go out of my way to specifically go to Haevichi just to stay here but if you find yourself in Jejudo and want to stay at a very luxurious hotel, definitely consider it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank gnasty71
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel is one of the nicest/cleanest/spacious/beatiful/expensive hotels I have ever stayed at. It's huge!!! It took me nearly an hour to explore the ground floor of the hotel (I was looking for a convenient store) and that's not even covering the outside ground.

I went to Jeju island on a tour package with my family and seven of us (including a toddler) stayed in three rooms. All the rooms were super spacious (room for kids to run around inside). The bathroom was very clean and huge. The balcony area with the view of the ocean was an added plus but as it was very windy, I couldn't sit outside to enjoy it.

This hotel has everything! The coin laundry, convenient store, massage place, karaoke, several restaurants and cafe, indoor/outdoor swimming pool and gym... The service was excellent. Everyone was super helpful!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Pros:
Very modern five star hotel. Rooms are clean and cozy, with a small balcony.
Although not a design hotel, the decors are pretty stylish.
Good indoor/outdoor pool.
We had the "Seafood special buffet" inside the restaurant. Very pricy, but the food was wonderful.
Great service. I lost my passport at the airport, the concierge lady speaks okay English, and was able to find it for me very quickly. Some one pick it up the drop it at a local police station.

Tips:
The hotel is divided into two areas, "Resort" and "Hotel". Each with its own pool. I saw in some comments say that Hotel guests cannot use the pool, which is not true.
Food is very expensive inside the hotel. However, there's a convenient store run by the hotel located at B1, in the Resort area.
There is also a car-rental service at B1, with cars already parked at the hotel parking lot ready for rental. Call the hotel for reservation, just to be safe.

Cons:
The reception people was not able to explain the rules of hotel facilities clearly in English, but you can always go to the concierge lady for help. We had some difficulty understanding which pool we can use.
Unlike ANYWHERE else on the island, price listed on the menus does NOT include tax. We only found out right before we pay, feels like a rip-off, consider the price is already so high.
The hotel is pretty far from any good beaches or crowded areas. Not a problem if you plan to rent a car (which you probably should).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Great 5 star hotel. Service was excellent. Rooms are new and comfortable. Great Gym for work out and great pool. There is a fantastic beach and local shopping and eateries within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel was impressive in picture and was impressive in reality. All the accommodations were nice, modern, and new. Also, the staff was very nice and accommodating. The breakfast was very good. On the first breakfast, we missed the buffet breakfast, but, they accommodated us with ala cart.

The toddler pool was surprisingly cold, but we used the regular pool and it was warm. I have to admit that I didn't realize that you had to pay for the pool and nobody asked us "verify" whether we paid or not.

Well, that brings up the major complain that is everything was very expensive! Food, drinks, you try to buy it, it was overpriced. A glass of wine cost over $20 US!

Overall, the room and accommodation was nice, but most things they offered, you can get it outside of the hotel for much reasonable price.

Room Tip: You gotta get a room with the ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family