We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gyeongju
Sa Rang Chae Guesthouse
Ranked #10 of 106 Gyeongju B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Sa Rang Chae is the place to experience traditional Korean lifestyle. The place is cozy, charming and good value for money.

Every night, there will be program for the guests to participate for example korean knots making, ceramic painting etc.

The rooms are clean and yes, you need to bring your own towels. The owner are also very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 October 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights over Chuseok weekend and it was great. Just a little 11 room place so it was really cozy, the rooms are small but comfortable and some have a good sized private bathroom. In the morning there's bread, coffee and eggs in the kitchen for you to make at your leisure for free, that was a great touch. And free internet too. Really a steal and the couple that run the place are very nice. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pickle81
Reviewed 25 August 2009

The place is exotic if you are not used to sleeping on a mat on the floor... It is perfect to taste the real taste of Gyeong-ju - traditional, welcoming, simple and cosy.
Homelike (why "-like"? it IS a real home of a Korean family) atmosphere and wonderful location. I enjoyed it completely. But be ready to fight some moskitoes in your room at night in August. And bring your towel with you (bathroom is very clean and comfortable, but no towel, which is OK for this type of hotel). Breakfasts are nice, and the deep well (200 years old!) in the owner's office is amazing!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2009

I stayed at this wonderful guesthouse with my dad for a night this past December. It was a bit more rustic than I had expected, but still a very fun place to stay. I would say it is somewhere between a b&b and a hostel, and as long as that is taken into consideration, it is fantastic. The hosts are so very nice and it is in such a fun neighborhood.

*** One decently obnoxious problem I did have was finding the place. Stupidly, I brought only my Lonely Planet guide to find Sa Rang Chae. The current Lonely Planet Guide to Korea has it quite wrong. It is near the location on the map, but certainly not there. Use the map on the guest house's website: http://www.kjstay.com/eng.htm, and it's actually quite easy to find. Again, this was purely my and Lonely Planet's fault, not Sa Rang Chae's.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my stay was at Sarang Chae. It was very easy to find, within a 15 minute walk of the bus terminal. The neighborhood is really quiet and the grounds of the guest house are so tranquil. Making a reservation was really simple, and I'd been worried since I asked about room availability the week I was planning on visiting.
The owner was so kind. He and his wife were truly gracious hosts and they showed us exactly how to get everywhere we needed to go. They even helped us with restaurant recommendations, and everywhere they suggested was delicious and inexpensive.
At night, the atmosphere becomes really cozy, with a firepit and quiet conversations out in the courtyard. When we came, the owner even treated us to a performance on his traditional Korean flute. The rooms were very clean, with bathrooms ensuite. We did have to ask for towels, but they were provided quickly and with a smile. The shower isn't your typical American shower inside a bathtub, but a showerhead attached to the wall with a drain on the floor of the bathroom, which is pretty typical of Korea. We slept really well, even for people who aren't used to sleeping on the floor.
All in all, it was a great place to experience traditional Korean culture. Oh, and the owner's Jindo dog was the sweetest thing ever!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)