Free cancellation until 25/07
Hilton Gyeongju(Gyeongju)
US$ 369
US$ 353
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2016

I was in Gyeongju with my family in April 2016, when Spring said hello to Korea. I decided to book JY Pension after reading many other positive reviews of this pension. It certainly did not disappoint me.

Mr Moon was very prompt in his response via email before i arrived, and was able to accommodate my requests.
He offered one time free pickup and met us at the bus terminal where we arrived from Busan. Though it was the first time we met, we felt his friendliness immediately. He explained the various attractions of Gyeongju, and also told us about his family.

The pension was stunningly beautiful with great nature. Warning: you may not want to head out to explore Gyeongju city, and just stay in the pension.

Mr Moon was also very patient to my queries and able to provide transportation service with a nominal fee. After we left Gyeongju for Seoul, he even called and ensured that we were onboard the KTX safely.

What a nice gesture!

We certainly enjoyed our stay, and we hope to return.

Thank you JY Pension, and Mr Moon and his wife. :)

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Phebe_Lee
Reviewed 1 April 2016

After spending two nights tucked away in the serene peace that surrounds JY Pension I emerged refreshed and buoyed both by the beautiful setting and the incredible hospitality. My room was perfectly appointed and equipped with kitchenette and a charming third floor view (purple room) with lots of natural light. The pension boasts a charming lodge used for breakfasts and other needs (where the owner set me up to read and sip tea he made two nights in a row, just because he could). Though it is a ways out of Gyeongju proper, a bus service is a short lift from the owner away, and he provided some trips for me for a small fee (much less than what a taxi would charge). More than anything, the warmth and hospitality of the owners really blew me away. He could not do enough, and set me up with invaulable information for coming steps of my journey with timetables, maps and other information. Despite being half-way around the world, I already think of it as a go-to retreat - really that outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank NobodySeesTheShow
Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed there during the Xmas vacation of 2015. The area is fantastic which automatically makes the hotel appealing. Being away from the city noise, waking up in tge morning only to hear the sound of water and birds is amazing. Even though the weather was very cold room was pretty warm (very efficient floor heating). All rooms get the morning sun, which is so nice in the morning especially during a cold day. The owner is very friendly with adequate English level. The building in made of stone and wood which fits very well with the surrounding forest. There was no breakfast and one has to plan well the meals as the hotel is at least about 25min drive from the nearest restaurant. If u choose to have dinner at the hotel Korean BBQ is the only option but you need to buy all ingredients etc. Negative: our room had signs and smell of mould which did not bother us a lot as we kept the window a bit open because the room was very warm. Value for money is very good.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

The owner was so nice and my experience in gyeongju started so well because of this place! Honestly, I was afraid to go through the mountain in the dark. But once I got there, I was really amazed by the hostility and the place. I seriously advise you to choose this place!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2015

Staying here is wonderful and peaceful - the best place I have stayed at in Korea.

Located in the wonderful Gyeongju national park and the only sounds I can hear when walking in the forest are the birds and the sounds of silence. I am staying here for two nights in the Orange apartment. My accommodation is a lovely bright coloured , tastefully decorated apartment with a bathroom, fully equipped kitchen and stove as well as a separate bedroom..

The owner and pension manager, Mr Moon picked me up from the station with a smile and welcome. He is very friendly and helpful and speaks excellent English. On the way to the way to the Pension, we went to a supermarket so I could buy some food to cook for my dinner.

I had a long walk in the national park after I arrived and it is beautiful to walk around there. There are several different apartments which are different colors inside.

A great western breakfast is provided at just KW 6,000 per person.

On the second day I toured around the city and checked out the sites. Being cherry blossom season, the city was alive with the blossoms. Mr Moon kindly collected myself and other new guests from the Express Bus Terminal.

Such a lovely stay, wonderful hosts Mr and Mrs Moon - and lovely comfortable accommodation.

Thank you Mr and Mrs Moon.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo