Terra Guesthouse
Hotel Noah(Busan)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Momo(Busan)
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2015

I started working in Korea in 2012 and made my first trip to Busan shortly after, choosing this guest house to stay in on a whim. Since then, it has always been my place to stay when visiting Busan, and is always the place I recommend to my friends who are traveling there. As an economical traveler, I look for a comfortable place with a good price, and truthfully, in the different countries I've traveled and the many states/cities in the U.S. that I've traveled, this place is still my favorite.

The location is great as you are staying in the famous Jagalchi Market building, which is awesome because many Korean films and television programs that are shot in Busan show this building, to which I can always shout, "I slept there!" Because of this location, it's very relaxing to wake up in the morning and sit on the terrace watching the ships bring the fish into the market as you eat breakfast (provided by the guest house!)

It is also near the very busy Nampo-dong, and a short walk away from Busan Tower and Yongdusan Park, which also boast amazing views of the city.

Additionally, one of the most important things for any traveler is that the guest house is immaculately clean and great looking at all times. The rooms are always clean, the beds are always comfortable, and the decorations have increased over the past few years to really give a welcome feel to travelers. I did not visit Busan for a while, but after returning I was amazed to see how the pictures of the guests decorated almost every wall of the establishment. To me, this shows the care that the staff has for its guests.

As far as the owner, I always feel welcome in Busan because of her, and from meeting other guests I can tell that she treats every guest respectfully and with the warmth that one would hope to receive from a host. Recently, she has also opened up Terra Guesthouse 2, and yet even with her seemingly extremely busy schedule, I witness that she still makes her time available for her guests to make sure that they are enjoying themselves in this city. She also consistently has charming staff members who are willing to help and talk to their guests as much as they can.

Long story short, I highly recommend this place to anybody traveling in Busan. It is a beautiful guest house in a beautiful city, and I won't be staying anywhere else anytime soon.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Busan_Jagalchi, 前廳部經理 at Terra Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

Thanks for choosing us and having a good memories with us:)
Hope see you soon and visit us again :)

Reviewed 29 October 2015

It used to be the best guest house in BUSAN but be careful with your booking. We booked a room with double bed and we got an ONDOL room (sleeping on the floor). We ask for refund because we had back problem and sleeping on the floor was very difficult. Le owner didn’t want to do it and she almost insulting us! Telling that it wasn’t her problem. So anyway we had to sleep on the floor for 2 nights.

One day after she apologize telling that she was very tired this days but she will never refund us. I'v never seen that before!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sami b

Thanks for leaving the comment for us .
We feel so sorry for letting you have the bad experience in Terra G.H.
The "NEW MANAGER" you mention was not here anymore.
Hope you can give us one more chance and visit Terra G.H again :)

Reviewed 12 August 2015

Stayed here for three days, two nights with a family group of 3 adults and 3 kids. We met another traveller out on the deck at night who asked the same thing we were asking, "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS PLACE????" Terra Guesthouse is amazing - I can't believe more people don't already know about it.

THE ROOM. We stayed in the "Korea Room" - a big spacious room with huge windows and an unbelievable view of the harbor and bridges. The room is ondol style, so you're sleeping on big heavy futon/blankets on the floor. Very cool and comfortable. The Korea Room has a private bathroom, but shared bathrooms are just down the hall and are always very clean. Huge television in our room (zillions of channels) and wi-fi (but the Korea Room is furthest from the center of the guesthouse, so it has the weakest wi-fi signal).

THE STAFF. Very friendly and hospitable. All spoke great English.

THE LOCATION. One of the "must-do" sights in Busan is the Jagalchi market, which is directly underneath the guesthouse. Make sure to go down the market, find yourself something fresh and delicious, and then let a restaurant on the 2nd floor prepare it. Easy walking distance to busy shopping areas, Busan Tower, and either the Jagalchi or Nampo subway stations.

THE DECK. The deck overlooking the harbor is peaceful during the day. In the evenings, the deck becomes magical - with tables and chairs and drinks and music and the view.

HOW TO GET THERE. It's on the 7th floor of the Jagalchi Market building, but the market is a BIG place. You want to get to the elevators on the WEST end of the building. Don't just wander through the fish sellers inside. If you're coming from the main street "Gudeok-ro", take "Jagalchi-ro 47 beon-gil" south towards the Jagalchi market. Elevators are easy to spot.

VERDICT. We loved it - you will, too. Then when you're taking in the view for yourself, it'll be your turn to ask, "Can you believe this place?"

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank EugeneLA

It's really happy to hear that you enjoyed at TERRA Guest House:)
Thanks for choosing us and hope see you soon again !!!

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

The highlight here is definitely the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. When I asked about the ferry to Jeju, they called the ferry company so I could make a reservation then and there.
Breakfast is toast and cereal, when I asked whether the cereal was sweet in order to decide which one to have, the staff person said "you don't like the sweet one I have something else" and brought me a different one from her private stock.
The beds are comfortable and clean. There are sheets (not always the case in Korea).
FYI: no cooking facilities

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for visiting us and giving the great comments :)
It's really happy to hear that you enjoyed staying at Terra Guest House:)
Hope see you soon agagin !!

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Terra is the best Guesthouse I have ever stayed.
It has a great terrace with stunning sea view.
You can spend a Whole night for listening jazz music, having beer and chatting with other travelers.
It is definitely better than spending the night for shopping.
The staff are Super nice and helpful.
Just dun hesitate when you have any question about Busan, they are really willing to help.
And the Guesthouse has a Super cute cat called "podong". Once you saw him, you will directly fall in love with him!

The location of Terra is another good point to mention. It is easy to find as well as to travel around other spots.

I will definitely choose Terra again when I come to Busan.
Thanks for giving me such a nice experience.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo

Thanks for you supports and hope see you soon agagin :)