“We loved our stay and plan to stay here whenever we are in Albany.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Colonie Center Mall

Econo Lodge Colonie Center Mall
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Levittown, NY
“We loved our stay and plan to stay here whenever we are in Albany.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I checked out the reviews before reserving our room. I was concerned that there were a couple of negative reviews, but the majority were positive. The price was an incentive. We found the room to be neat and clean. The manager and staff were friendly and efficient. We thought we might have left an item in the room, and the manager checked with the housekeeping staff and called us back. (We have since found the item.) The motel allows pets, and sometime we may have to travel with our dog. We liked that there was a 24/7 desk clerk as we often arrive very late. We also liked having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We appreciated the breakfast, even though it was basic - toast, cereal, muffins, bagels, juice, coffee and tea. Some people may not like the one flat pillow, I myself prefer two fluffy ones; or the super water conscious shower spray, but on the whole we really liked the accomodations and the treatment by the staff and look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: We had a room to the left of the lobby facing the parking lot, we had no trouble with noise. The ice...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Stamford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Do not stay here- very dirty, beds disgusting and toliet did not work.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Somersworth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I arrived late and was happy to find a friendly attendant at the front desk located in the beautiful lobby. I was a little more apprehensive when I started going through the outside "hallway" and couldn't breathe because of the bad cat urine stench. I definitely thought the room was going to be a nightmare but I was happy to find a very clean room (though I should note that I do not sleep on hotel bedding - I bring my own!) that only had a slight "un-airred-out" smell which quickly disappeared when I lit my own candle. The bathroom is brand new and clean. Towels are clean, bed pretty comfy and continental breakfast was satisfying. all in all a good experience~!

Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

A friend booked this room for us as a quick place to stay en route to Utica. For the price, I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised. Our second floor room was clean as were the linens, the bed was comforfortable, it was quiet, and I felt safe staying here. I have recently had some bad experiences with other inexpensive hotel chains, so I was very happy that this hotel worked out so nicely. Definitely a great place to stay if you are passing through the Albany area and need a room for the night. I was traveling with someone, but would also have felt safe here as a solo traveler.

Only minor complaint was the breakfast. Probably the worst free breakfast I've seen at a hotel: white bread, cheap donuts, cereal, and bagels. Certainly not the end of the world, though, since the hotel was otherwise such a good value. We found a Dunkin Donuts a block away to get some hot sandwiches to go.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

You can't expect much for $41, but this review is more to let you all know what to expect and that is an old and dingy motel with old spring mattresses that can guarantee a sore back the next day. The staff wasn't very friendly and the breakfast was pathetic.

• Stayed May 2011