“We crave Crave!”

Crave Burgers + Frozen Yogurt
Ranked #127 of 752 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My husband and I are foodies. We KNOW burgers, and have eaten the best from the west to the east coast. Crave is in the top two! We had a plain, one with cheese, and our family had the southern burgers. Juicy, delicious, great buns, good structure. This is the standard for what a great hamburger should be! It's a casual place and the you order at the counter. Even the fries were great. The variety of burger combinations is varied, but we judge burgers as they were "meant" to be eaten - plain or with cheese!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Party of 8 had wings, fries, loaded sweet potato fries with maple syrup and walnuts, doughnut burger, southern burger. All was delicious and brought out quickly and at the same time which is so great for a smaller restaurant. Would recommend to anyone from out of town as kind of cool college oriented neighborhood.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This place has one of the best burgers period. They offer it with a large variety of combinations. Seven of us went and everyone loved it. While we only tried the beef burgers they also offer lamb. There were other things on the menu. During another visit we tried their salad which was also excellent. The fried green tomatoes are worth trying if you like a thin crispy type which I do. The fried pickles are delicious partly due to the excellent spicy dipping sauce that accompanies it. The hot dogs are full quarter pounders also available with a large number of combinations.

You order at a counter and they bring the food to your table. Service was very friendly. The place is relatively small with little ambiance. But you won't notice as the food will be the star.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

It was my non-Father’s Day request. Almost two years is too long to go without another Crave burger.

On our first visit in August, 2015, a week after they opened, we had enjoyed The Upstate (sausage) burger, the Curry (lamb) burger, and Truffle fries.

On this visit I selected the Breakfast Burger ($9.95) – a coffee rubbed beef patty with a fried egg, maple glazed bacon, American cheese, and hash browns on an English muffin. First of all, I really like that they got a nice crispy sear on the outside of the patty which they also nailed to a perfect medium-rare as requested. While I can’t say I noticed the coffee rub, I had no problem identifying the excellent and slightly sweet flavor of the crispy bacon. I asked for my egg to be a bit runny and the yolk fulfilled that request. The hash browns actually added a very nice crunchy texture with each bite. I expected to see a lot of the yolk ending up on the serving tray, but to my surprise I was able to keep most of it within the burger as I ate it.

My wife went with a Southerner Burger ($9.95) – a beef patty with fried green tomatoes, smoked bacon, pimento cheese, and buttermilk ranch dressing. She enjoyed it, I had a bite, I liked it, but liked mine better.

We also shared an order of Fiesta Fries ($5.95) that almost spoiled our dinner. They were good enough that we concentrated on eating them before we dove into our burgers and probably could have made a meal just out of them. The fries, which would have been good simply by themselves, were topped with chopped tomato, and avocado, pickled onion, fried jalapeño, black beans, chipotle aioli, cilantro, and cotija cheese. Now THAT is a true Fiesta!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Up in Albany visiting my daughter. A friend of hers recommended Crave. We each picked a different burger and got a basket of Loaded Crave Fries. I got the Sweet and Greasy Burger which came with a cup of French onion soup for dipping the burger. Everyone really liked their burgers and the fries were very good. We also ordered the Truffle burger and the Sorta Torta burgers. The burgers themselves don't come with anything. It would have been nice if they at least came with chips.