Best Western Albany Airport Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 168
US$ 147
US$ 129
US$ 178
US$ 157
Hilton.com
  • Pool
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 123
US$ 80
US$ 75
Red Roof
All reviewsalbany airportretractable roofroom was cleanan early morning flightthe shuttle driverindoor poolgood nights sleepwolf roadan older hotelfirst floorfree breakfastconvenient locationnew yorkwafflespoolsidemicrowavemall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2012

A few years ago I would not even have rated this property a "1". I would have used negative numbers if possible.
HOWEVER, this hotel is under new management and has an outstanding new attitude as well!
My company holds meetings at this hotel twice a month. The new staff, from desk to housekeeping and kitchen, to management is just too good for words. Surprisingly, they actually act like we are doing them a favor by coming there vs. the other way around (as things used to be).
We recently have taken full advantage of their amazing lunch creations. Their Chef, Brian, must be from another planet since, generally, earth fokls just can't cook like this man does.
Today we had: Spare Ribs, Salmon fillet, Southwest chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, green salad, rice pilaf and a desert that was so bountiful KIing Kong could not have finished it off.
I wrote this email to the Sales Manager, Stacie Blair, regarding comments I received from my folks at our meeting (the title of my email was): COMPLAINT
The text was:

"Stacie:

All my folks are complaining, vehemently, that they are gaining weight coming to my meetings.
I keep telling them it is Brian’s fault and not mine.
Today I had a pretty large group – about 1/3 of which came just because of Brian’s lunch!
Please convey to Brain, Danny, and whoever else might be appropriate, how much our group LOVES Brain’s lunches.
He does an absolutely outstanding job.

Best,

M"

So, if you are looking for a property that has ample meeting space, a superior staff, and a super, amazing, outrageously talented Chef, the Best Western Albany Airport Inn most certainly merits your serious condideration.

M. Poole
Arbitration Forums, Inc

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

this was a great hotel, reasonably priced, great location, nearby to restaurants, shopping, state university. nice hotel staff, nice pool and fitness room, rooms clean with very comfy beds and bedding

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jenwalti
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stacie Blair was a superb conference coordinator
Food was excellent and received rave reviews
Accomodations were excellent
Conference crew were the best: Juan & Dan
The luncheon servers did all that they could to make everything pleasant: Joanne & Jill
All ratings are 5. Under CLICK TO SELECT A RATING BELOW, IT IS NOT LABELED WHICH IS 1 AND WHICH IS FIVE. THIS NEEDS TO BE CLARIFIED FOR FUTURE EVALUATIONS.
AGAIN ALL RATINGS ARE 5.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just returned home from another business trip to the Albany NY area and stayed - where I always stay - at the Best Western Airport Hotel on Wolf Road. It remains the best-value and friendliest place I stay at - anywhere that I travel on business. I suppose by now I'm considered a "regular", but I don't think the comfort, courtesy, welcome, service and value that I get are different from what other guests (who may only stay there infrequently and perhaps for a nite or two) receive. The staff are accommodating and go out of their way to be helpful. They seem to like working there. The guest rooms and common areas have all the amenities I ever need and are clean and pleasant without being pretentious or overdone.There are no up-charges for things like Internet access, shuttle service to the very nearby airport, or even breakfast. All are included in the very reasonable price. Conveniently located, too - near or accesible to just about anywhere in the Capital region. Also a welcoming, friendly and affordable dining room/bar area right off the lobby.(Yes, I have been known to patronize the bar ;-)
I'm beginning to sound like a paid spokesperson for BW, which I am not, so I'll stop there. I merely wanted to give fellow travelers what is hopefully a helpful tip. Try it. - PETE.

Room Tip: I smoke, so I always get one of the half-dozen or so rooms in the "tucked away and sealed-off" (by hallway doors) smoking section. My only advice re: room selection would be that there are only two floors in the hotel, but there is no elevator; so, if you have mobility issues, ask for the ground floor - maybe a room near one of the (several and convenient) entrance doors, all accessible by room pass-key
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Pete1587
Reviewed 14 March 2012

If anyone needed a comfortable stay prior to a flight out should stay here. Great location to major restaurants and shopping mall. Easy access to the airport, airport shuttle and a safe place to park your vehicle.

Room Tip: Ask about a room with pool access.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family