“Husband's 50th” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Hoosick falls
“Husband's 50th”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently celebrated my husband's 50th birthday party here. We had the party in the ballroom with about 50 guests. We had a great time! The staff was accomodating and very friendly. The food was good and the breakfast the following morning was also very good. The bedrooms were very nice. The beds very comfortable. I have no complaints and would definetely consider booking here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

A few years ago I would not even have rated this property a "1". I would have used negative numbers if possible.
HOWEVER, this hotel is under new management and has an outstanding new attitude as well!
My company holds meetings at this hotel twice a month. The new staff, from desk to housekeeping and kitchen, to management is just too good for words. Surprisingly, they actually act like we are doing them a favor by coming there vs. the other way around (as things used to be).
We recently have taken full advantage of their amazing lunch creations. Their Chef, Brian, must be from another planet since, generally, earth fokls just can't cook like this man does.
Today we had: Spare Ribs, Salmon fillet, Southwest chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, green salad, rice pilaf and a desert that was so bountiful KIing Kong could not have finished it off.
I wrote this email to the Sales Manager, Stacie Blair, regarding comments I received from my folks at our meeting (the title of my email was): COMPLAINT
The text was:

"Stacie:

All my folks are complaining, vehemently, that they are gaining weight coming to my meetings.
I keep telling them it is Brian’s fault and not mine.
Today I had a pretty large group – about 1/3 of which came just because of Brian’s lunch!
Please convey to Brain, Danny, and whoever else might be appropriate, how much our group LOVES Brain’s lunches.
He does an absolutely outstanding job.

Best,

M"

So, if you are looking for a property that has ample meeting space, a superior staff, and a super, amazing, outrageously talented Chef, the Best Western Albany Airport Inn most certainly merits your serious condideration.

M. Poole
Arbitration Forums, Inc

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

this was a great hotel, reasonably priced, great location, nearby to restaurants, shopping, state university. nice hotel staff, nice pool and fitness room, rooms clean with very comfy beds and bedding

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jenwalti
Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stacie Blair was a superb conference coordinator
Food was excellent and received rave reviews
Accomodations were excellent
Conference crew were the best: Juan & Dan
The luncheon servers did all that they could to make everything pleasant: Joanne & Jill
All ratings are 5. Under CLICK TO SELECT A RATING BELOW, IT IS NOT LABELED WHICH IS 1 AND WHICH IS FIVE. THIS NEEDS TO BE CLARIFIED FOR FUTURE EVALUATIONS.
AGAIN ALL RATINGS ARE 5.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just returned home from another business trip to the Albany NY area and stayed - where I always stay - at the Best Western Airport Hotel on Wolf Road. It remains the best-value and friendliest place I stay at - anywhere that I travel on business. I suppose by now I'm considered a "regular", but I don't think the comfort, courtesy, welcome, service and value that I get are different from what other guests (who may only stay there infrequently and perhaps for a nite or two) receive. The staff are accommodating and go out of their way to be helpful. They seem to like working there. The guest rooms and common areas have all the amenities I ever need and are clean and pleasant without being pretentious or overdone.There are no up-charges for things like Internet access, shuttle service to the very nearby airport, or even breakfast. All are included in the very reasonable price. Conveniently located, too - near or accesible to just about anywhere in the Capital region. Also a welcoming, friendly and affordable dining room/bar area right off the lobby.(Yes, I have been known to patronize the bar ;-)
I'm beginning to sound like a paid spokesperson for BW, which I am not, so I'll stop there. I merely wanted to give fellow travelers what is hopefully a helpful tip. Try it. - PETE.

Room Tip: I smoke, so I always get one of the half-dozen or so rooms in the "tucked away and sealed-off&q...