“Love the building”

Albany Pump Station CH Evans Brewing Co.
Ranked #4 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: C. H. Evans Brewing Company at the Albany Pump Station, Albany’s premier location for food and hand crafted beer. With up to 10 in-house brews to choose from, The Pump Station is sure to have something for every beer lover.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The food is also very good. We were a large group...close to 50, and they handled us flawlessly. My filet was excellent as were the potatoes and green beans. The salads were too small, 1/2 of a reasonable portion. Service could have been better but it could have been our group size that backed them up.
Everyone drinking beer enjoyed their various selections.
No question that the building itself is a part of the draw and appeal. Beautifully restored and modernized without compromising the character of the original space.
I plan to visit again and it will be easier to locate now that I've been there. A sign on Broadway would be helpful, we walked from our hotel and even though it is a large building, if approaching from the city side it can be missed.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This place needs to get their s**t together! I’ve ordered from here twice now, first time I ordered the fried chicken, their menu DOES NOT say it’s a sandwich, it says “fried chicken”. I got two pieces of dark and fatty chicken which was gross, the bun was great, the pickles are disgusting. I love pickles and have never once disliked a pickle until now. The mashed potatoes were red skin and were great! Second time I got food here, I ordered the same things this time I got one piece of chicken, with EVERYTHING on top of the sandwich even though I asked for none of it. The mashed potatoes didn’t have skins this time and were more garlicky than necessary. When I questioned this they informed me that my first order was incorrect, and laughed at me and said “it’s not friend chicken, it’s a sandwich and he potatoes are garlic potatoes” as if I was stupid. I told the guy, “look the menu does NOT say sandwich and doesn’t say garlic mashed potatoes”. They blatantly lied to my face and laughed at me like I was the idiot, even though their website menu backs me up. They “corrected” what they could to the best of their ability. I probably won’t ever come here again. Bad experience, crap staff.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Did an overnight in Albany, N.Y. so I looked up where to grab a quick eat on TA.
The atmosphere is reminiscent of a beer hall which translates to loud. No problem because we came to eat burgers.
We both had the pumphouse burger, on with fries & the other with onion rings. We ordered wings as an appetizer (very hungry) which never arrived since the burgers came within 10 minutes of ordering. Wait staff so busy with a couple of large parties & couldn't pay attention to our order.
When burgers arrived they were really good looking & tasted terrific. Char-grilled with bacon all served on a brioche bun. We left full!
Total bill including 2 house beers = $43USD

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Had some great craft brews and picked up a Growler! Very friendly and helpful staff! I have a weakness for the Pale Ales and sours

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Make reservations or you will be waiting for a long time. We sat in a booth. Place was very crowded, but, waitress and kitchen were on top of everything. Food was good. House wine not so good - go for the bottle. Beer choices plentiful and good.