“Eh”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 18 July 2017

The décor was nice, the staff could use a little retraining. Had breakfast with my fiancé here and was excited to try a new diner scene. I was utterly disappointed by the quality of food. I ordered their Belgian Waffle with Strawberries and Whipped cream and was served a soggy waffle with strawberry jam...not even preserves....Jam. I'm not one to knock anything without giving it a second try-the second plate of food I tried was tasteless. the omelet had no flavor and could have been cooked a little longer- I assume it was a bad day so I will return to give them a chance next I'm in Albany.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Terrific waitstaff. The maitre d was hilarious and hospitable. Food was plentiful and fresh. It's a diner so they were forgiven for not cooking with noticeable seasoning.
A tasty experience at Anywhere, USA.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We stopped or lunch on the way home from the airport. I was hoping for an authentic Greek Gyro. It was mediocre! Pita was not fresh, meat was pan heated, not on a spit.
Tasziki sauce was tasteless. I'm still looking for a good gyro in Albany?

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We had not been to the Westgate Diner in a few years. We decided to stop in for breakfast recently. We had the homemade corned beef hash with eggs and the combo omelette. Both were great, hot, and delicious! Our server was very nice and efficient.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Breakfast is breakfast is breakfast. It's not real easy to mess it up. So what is important?

Location: Easy access off of a main highway with plenty of parking spaces make the entrance to the Gateway Diner accessible with no chance of parking too close to someone's car.

Atmosphere: Roomy, friendly, bright atmosphere with well kept booths make the Gateway place to meet for business or with a friend. Well kept and clean, even the bathrooms

Service: No rush to move us through or get us done. Our server was very attentive and friendly. The food was very good. We had the breakfast ham, egg and cheese sandwich. Like I said, hard to mess up a breakfast meal.

Server came back at appropriate times to check on us, fill water glass, coffee, etcetera. Just a nice place for breakfast...nothing hugely interesting...just nice.