“Special”
Review of Yono's Restaurant

Yono's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Yono's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 747 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 43
Cuisines: American, Indonesian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sheridan Avenue
Description: Yono's has been Albany's premiere World Class restaurant for almost 30 years. Owned & operated by Chef Yono, Donna & Dominick Purnomo, the intimate, elegant split level dining room has recently been updated and is elegantly appointed with neutral colors, bronzed mirrors, a large fireplace, crystal chandelier, and stunning floral displays. Chef Yono Purnomo presents an innovative menu of blending French Technique, Asian Influence & American Ingredients. Award Winning Chef Sommelier Dominick Purnomo offers a wine list with some 1000 labels representing every major wine growing region in the world. Let the Yono's 4 star service staff anticipate your needs, while you experience luxury and elegance of a bygone era. Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative.
Reviewed 15 January 2017

There is no doubt that this is a top notch restaurant. The service is impeccable and the food is inventive and very well presented. The menu might not appeal to everyone , and it might sound too fancy for some palates but once you have eaten here you will be surprised that you have never tried it. It is a special occasion room that is very separate from the bar and restaurant at the front of the building . There is valet parking if you proceed to the back of the building and enter from there ( only $7) The dining room is small and old school decor but it has a comforting vibe. Exceptional service always elevates any meal. Two parties tried each of the two tasting menus and both were delighted with their choices. Another in our group was hesitant about Lamb but was blown away and consumed every bite. Cauliflower soup and the Lobster Bisque were also tasty. Save room for the delicious desserts...favorite was the Bourdon Nut Tart followed by the Chocolate Rendezvous and the Bananas Foster seems to be a popular choice. They do have beer on tap and a very extensive wine list. Ask for assistance with the wine list and you will be rewarded. Tab before tip was $400 for four people....worth it !

Reviewed 8 January 2017

My husband and I live in New York City and visit my mom occasionally in Albany. This visit we were celebrating my mom's 86th birthday so we wanted to pick someplace special. The usual offerings in the area have always been adequate, but nothing to write home about. My husband went on Open Table and wondered why we had never been to Yono's since it was rated top restaurant in Albany. My mom had never suggested it and I had never heard of it. So, we booked the reservation with not a lot of expectations. Boy, were we surprised! The whole experience was top notch - as good as some of our favorite NY city restaurants. First, the atmosphere was wonderful - a lovely dining room with nice spacing between tables and live piano music that was so enjoyable, but not too loud. The staff was friendly and efficient. They could not have been nicer to the birthday gal - even printing her name on the menu and offering champagne for a toast. Oh, and the food was delicious! The menu was fantastic - I could have ordered several different selections. The presentation was beautiful and the timing of the meal perfect. Kudos to the management and our lovely server - wish I could remember her name, but she was wonderful.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Just wonderful. I am not a fancy person so I was worried that I would feel out of place there with my mom. Servers were just awesome...we did not get there until late on a weeknight and it was all just wonderful. Food was unreal! We will for sure be going back and bringing the whole family!

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

My law partner and senior associate had dinner here on a Monday night prior to a series of meetings the next day. The restaurant was totally empty but for us so we were a little concerned. We were so happy that we selected this restaurant to dine at since it was a total 10 in all ways. The food was terrific and the service could not have been any better. The mix of flavors and foods were a real treat. It is now my go to place on future trips to Albany. I could not more highly recommend it.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Just had dinner there with my husband. We had the Indonesian tasting menu, paired with wine. The food was absolutely amazing and, other than one pairing, the selected wine brought out the flavor of each course really well. The dining room is elegant and the service impeccable. This was our first visit to this restaurant but we will be back.

Been to Yono's Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK