“Warm and Welcoming”

The Point Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Point Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 747 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Recently had dinner at the Point on a cold winter's night. There were eight people in our party, including two children. We had the stuffed shrimp appetizer, the pork nachos and bruschetta apps. The shrimp was outstanding. I ordered three delicious cosmos. The bread provided was amazing. A few entrees our table ordered included the burger, the hanger steak, and the short ribs. The hanger steak was not what i was expected. There was a lot of gravy. If thats how you enjoy your hanger than that's great. The chocolate cake with peanut butter was very good. The slice was huge.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Two weeks ago my yoga teacher and I decided to go out for a glass of wine and a light bite. We decided on The Point because I have always eaten there al fresco, and we tried going there several weeks ago, but there was a private party, so it was closed. The restaurant is just gorgeous, not very crowded, so we sat at the bar, and each started with a great Pinot Noir.. Sat and talked for a while got a little bit of bread one of the specials was Kale Caesar salad, which I couldn't even finish, also with grilled chicken. My friend got the same thing with grilled salmon. Sean was extremely attentive and was very funny, so am I so all in all a fabulous place, and gorgeous to boot. Will definitely go back again, hopefully al fresco dining outside. In fact I commented about Sean to his manager. (all good)

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Came here for dinner with a friend. Loved the atmosphere of the place, and the staff were friendly. They have a nice bar as well, it's a nice place to grab a drink and some food with friends. I enjoyed my meal and would definitely come here again and recommend to others!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Nine of us stopped in to have dinner last Friday night at The Point. Once again, we were not disappointed!! Since we arrived right as they opened at 4:00, we got a table in the bar side of the restaurant, right in front of the window - nice large (single) table so no one was crowded. Three of us started with a bottle of that day's special wine, which was very good. As we relaxed and talked, we enjoyed a selection of four of their appetizers. Each one was better than the last (the eggplant balls were super!). For our meals, some ordered off the menu while others tried one of the daily specials. Everyone loved their dinners. Too bad we only had left room for coffee. (Be forewarned from previous experience, however, that the 'big cake' is a two person serving!). Great food, great atmosphere, and great service.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

My son and I dined at the point on a beautiful fall day. We ate outside, and had a wonderful meal. Our waiter, Keith, provided excellent service. The menu offers great variety. We will definitely dine there again.