“Good investment and location for the price”

Days Inn Albany SUNY
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Brooklyn, New York
“Good investment and location for the price”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed at the Days Inn a few weeks ago on a Saturday night and for the price it was a very good deal. The hotel is located about a 10 minute drive from downtown Albany and is right across the street from SUNY Albany and down the block from the W. Averell Harriman State Office Complex and the Crossgates Mall. Arrived around 1:30pm and was able to check in right away. The first room I was given was literally right behind the front desk which was a little noisy. I asked to be reassigned and was sent down to the middle of the building.

Room was average size and clean. Nothing super fancy but no signs of wear and tear either. The TV has HBO which is a nice plus. The place is designed like a motel but it does have indoor corridors which is nice. Outside there is ample free parking. There is a free continental breakfast which could be better (very slim pickings) however the motel has a Starbucks on one side and a Dunkin Donuts on the other. The hotel advertises it has a fitness center but it’s really three treadmills in a room. There is also Wi-Fi but I was told by the front desk that it’s very slow so I was given an Ethernet cable and had no problems with the internet being slow.

Solid investment overall. Booked via Priceline and with tax it was about $70.00.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Tis hotel has all the necessities. I stayed for three nights. The room was small but comfortable. The bathroom has a walk-in shower but no tub. That was fine for me, but others might prefer a tub. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast is a bit limited, but coffee was plentiful and good. The price was acceptable. All In all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank teacherjan
Ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2012

From the outside, we weren't sure what we were going to get (which has become our motto with Days Inn as it is). We were road weary, as we had just driven through heavy fog and icy conditions in Vermont and just wanted to settle in for the night. When checking in, my husband was told that there was no wireless internet but they had a couple ethernet cables available. I was not planning to do any work, so we passed on that. Our room was on the second floor (no elevator, as someone else mentioned). We were pleasantly surprised to see that for the most part, our room was clean and devoid of any strange smells. I don't remember anything about the bed, but we both slept well. My only issue with this room was something I found on the bottom of the shower that neither I, nor my husband could identify. It looked as though someone had coughed up blood and spit it in the shower, then it dried up (at first glance-I didn't inspect it by any means). My husband removed it from the shower with some toilet paper. We didn't use the shower in the morning since we were just driving home anyway. I'm sure if we had called the front desk they would have done something about it, but to be honest, we were too tired to go through the process of moving to another room.

Other than that, the room was fine. Nothing fancy, but it wasn't a dump either.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is my 5th stay since July and each time has been just fine; hotel personnel are personable and professional; rooms are clean; TV & remote work well; bathrooms are spotless and showers are excellent; I love the breakfast (English muffins, bagels, pastry, cereal & milk, fresh fruit, apple juice and great OJ, etc.). Economically priced and excellent value received; close to Albany city limits and the University; on Western Ave. which is a loooong street and if you go west deeper into suburb of Guilderland plenty of grocery markets & stores; couple miles east brings you into Crossgates Mall and a ton of shops in the metro area. Dunkin Donuts, Getty gas station, sports bar, Rite-Aid, small plaza, even a small movie theater either right next door or within a 5 minute drive; very convenient location; more I stay, the more I learn!

Room Tip: no elevator, so ask for ground floor & refrigerator