All reviews albany airport cooked to order breakfast rental car an early flight hotel restaurant front desk staff pool and hot tub shuttle service next morning very nice hotel fire pit wolf road business trip nice room coffee maker business center convenient location
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have previously reviewed this property and gave it 5 stars. I liked it so much that I returned for another stay. This time however there seemed to be a problem with the rate I was given though the hilton honors call center. I was quoted a rate for 2 nights and 2 rooms. Upon check in I was advised from the front desk staff that the rate I was given was incorrect. I produced a copy of the reservation showing the rate I was given and asked to speak with the manager. The general manager Marc Fleischer came out from the back room and preceded to advised me that an error was made by HH call center and he could not honor the rate. He advised me that I would have to pay a different rate and if I didn't like it he would cancel my reservation and I could go somewhere else for the 2 nights knowing that all the surrounding hotels in the area were sold out due to graduation weekend at SUNY Albany and other colleges in the area. I was very upset by this as I had traveled over 4 hrs and was traveling with a handicap elderly person as well as other family members who were quite upset, frightened and scared by the tone and hostility of this person. I had no choice but to accept the new rate and stay at this location for the planned two nights but I will never stay there again. I travel at least once a month on business for the past 10 years and I have never encountered such a rude unexperience incompetent person in all my travels. It's a shame because the property itself is very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Seaside802826
HGIAlbanyAir, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. The situation you describe is very unfortunate and I'm sorry that you came away with a negative experience. It is certainly not the experience that our management team and staff work towards creating for all our guests and not the normal representation of our General Manager.

Unfortunately, I believe the problem you experienced may have revolved around a rate that required a special ID. Several discounted rates (such as AAA, Travel Agent and Government employee) require ID when checking in. If the guest is unable to show the required ID, we are not able to honor the discounted rate. Whenever there is a problem or confusion with something like this we do try to work with our guests to come to a resolution that works for both parties. I’m sorry that we were not able to come to a resolution that you felt comfortable with at that time.

We strive to create positive experiences for each of our guests and I’m happy to read that you have experienced that before. I hope that you will reconsider visiting our hotel again and stay with us on your next trip to Albany.

Cassie Cramer
Sales Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Breakfast had a choice of eggs cooked for you on premises, bacon, fresh fruit, cereals, coffee, etc.And it was reasonably priced. I forget the exact price, but definitely under $15.
Wifi was included in the cost.
Pool was tiny--forget about exercising there. Very small fitness room had a couple of newish treadmills and elliptical. Some free weights, too.
Room was good and comfortable, except for very a noisy heating/cooling system (I think that's what it was--in any case, it buzzed all night).

Room Tip: Higher floors have less AC unit noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

What a beautiful hotel. Lobby is very modern. Could be on the cover of a design magazine. Beds are extremely comfortable. Staff is extremely personable. nice pool, spa and small fitness center which I did not use because I was too busy eating the cookies from the front desk. Overall I would have to give 5 stars.

Extremely close to Albany International Airport.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2012

What a mixed experience. Needed to change reservation on day of arrival & HGI 800# wouldn't let me - said it was a high demand weekend & said only option was to cancel entire stay. Called hotel directly & staff took care of problem immediately.

Checking in - I travel frequently on business & this was the absolute fastest check in I've ever experienced; staff was friendly & worked together to expedite the process as it wasn't busy.

Room - reserved a king bed w/sleeper sofa for me & my 16-yr old daughter. When we got to the room, it was king only + chair. Called front desk & they moved us to room w/2 doubles, and brought the keys up to us (nice). Unfortunately, they charged an extra $20 for the privilege of separate beds for a father & his daughter.

Beds - I think I've seen sponges with better support. When I woke up in the morning, there was a large concave indentation where I had slept. My back still hurts.

Elevator carpets look filthy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jjshein
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Overall, good value. Like the location, not on, but near busy Wolf Road. No noise issues from the nearby airport. Stayed here last minute on a Saturday night and paid only $104.

Room Tip: Not sure there's a bad room. No views to speak of, unless you'd enjoy watching the planes land.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family