“Free memosa's at breakfast!”
Review of Vasco's

Vasco's
Ranked #36 of 116 Restaurants in Mahe Island
Description: Offering indoor and outdoor seating, we ensure that you enjoy direct sea views accompanied by the gentle lilting sound of the waves lapping on the shore, while savouring our wide selection buffet.
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast buffet, good spread runs from 0700 - 1100 with free memosa's at breakfast!

Staff seemed a little overwhelmed and we're regularly running out of glasses.

GC-HResort, Food & Beverage Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Greetings Superfastfox from The H Resort Seychelles;

It is good to know you have a great experience at our breakfast buffet. Your valuable feedback will help us to further improve our services and delivery. Have a fantastic day.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We had dinner 3 times in the restaurant. Every time the dinner was different and there was quite a variety of food and different types of dishes. It is one of the best restaurants on the Seychelles and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The food was pleasant and nice and with a good quality.The manager of the restaurant ( Mr. Blaze) is very good to all customers and makes everyone feel comfortable.

GC-HResort, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Greetings from The H Resort,

We are happy to hear that you had 3 awesome experiences in our restaurant. It is your feedback that will keep us going the extra mile in our services. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I live in Qatar and even 4 star hotels offer better choice and more appealing food than this place. I was very disappointed. approx 6 choices of main course and a live pizza station. I dont know who was in charge of the restaurant, as I never saw a head waiter or Maitre D. I'm not a fussy eater but honestly there was nothing fancy or appealing in the choices offered here. Not recommended

TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear Julie1962Qatar,

Greetings from the H Resort Beau Vallon Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The H resort Beau Vallon Beach!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges encountered during your dinner.

We will look with great care into it to avoid a similar situation.

Warm regards,

Quentin PEBREUIL
Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the buffet dinner here on seafood night. Sadly this was yet another poor dinning experience at the H Resort. This being a five star establishment a certain level of quality and service are expected and neither were delivered. We came hungry and we left hungry, do to the fact the quality of the food was so poor it was not edible.
To start, I was seated in a chair covered in sand and had to shake off my own cushion.
Then, when we enquired about drinks, not even water was included in the buffet price of a whopping $50 euro per person.
Tragically the seafood itself was bland, over cooked, tasteless and appeared as if it had been previously frozen and then defrosted. The only somewhat passable dish we found was a beef cutlet, which was cold.
The servers neglected us the entire evening and we actually had to clear our dinner plates to another empty table so we had room to collect our dessert.
Sadly the dessert was worse then the dinner itself and after one bite we proceeded to grab some fresh apples from the display to tide us over until morning.
I would strongly suggest management review the quality of "food" they are serving and consider utilizing the resources at their fingertips, such as sourcing fresh fish from local fisherman, or using the grilling station in the corner (used for pizza!?!?) to grill up fresh scallops, shrimp, or fish to order. Also please make an effort to source fresh and flavourful produce.
The only reason I gave this establishment 2 stars vs. 1, is they seem to be able to consistently provide and nice breakfast buffet.

2  Thank Julia B
TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Julia B,

Greetings from The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach!

I am very sorry to read you did not enjoy your time with us while dinning at Vasco's.

We will share your feedback with the team and we will look into it to avoid further dissatisfaction.

Warm regards,

Quentin PEBREUIL
Assistant Food & Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I stayed at the H-Resort this time and had every breakfast and five dinners at Vasco's as part of my half board arrangements. Apart from my last meal, which strangely was rather mediocre, I enjoyed really good food, starters, a wide range of main courses, salads and desserts and of course a cheese board to round up the meal.

TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Safariafficionado,

Greetings from The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Vasco's restaurant.
We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and we will look into it with the utmost attention.

Kind regards,