“Breakfast, lunch and dinner ..”
Review of Vasco's

Vasco's
Ranked #38 of 117 Restaurants in Mahe Island
Price range: US$ 80 - US$ 90
Description: Offering indoor and outdoor seating, we ensure that you enjoy direct sea views accompanied by the gentle lilting sound of the waves lapping on the shore, while savouring our wide selection buffet.
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I stayed at the H-Resort this time and had every breakfast and five dinners at Vasco's as part of my half board arrangements. Apart from my last meal, which strangely was rather mediocre, I enjoyed really good food, starters, a wide range of main courses, salads and desserts and of course a cheese board to round up the meal.

TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Safariafficionado,

Greetings from The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Vasco's restaurant.
We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and we will look into it with the utmost attention.

Kind regards,
Tina Wolf
Food and Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We loved the creole foods served on Mondays and the live entertainment on Friday. This restaurant also has themed nights for their cuisine so you never get bored. It is not cheap though as with everything else on the island

TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Yashua2011,

Thank you for reviewing your experience while dinning at Vasco's.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the Creole buffet and the local dance and music on Friday evening.

The restaurant offers a wide variety of fantastic buffets, such as the oriental night with a live BBQ serving oriental skewers selection and also a live shawarma station.

We hope to see you soon at Vasco's restaurant!

Warm regards,

Quentin PEBREUIL
Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I have a few issues with Vascos especially regarding their breakfast service and some of those are quite worrisome.
1. FOOD SAFETY - I understand and know that laws, rules and regulations are different all over the world but food safety seems to be lacking here. The place itself is open air, there is no air conditioning, there for anything left out if not in nice is a nice 85 degrees. Far over what regulations, at least in the US allow. Yesterday I had some bacon, which was in a pan, but my heated or anything, when I felt it it was cold so I pushed it aside. There is the pork corner which has some cured meat, salami and what I could consider to be prosciutto- both covered but at room temp roughly 80-85 degrees. There is a simple buffet consisting of 'chicken sausage' which to us looked like hot dogs, fried rice, hash browns/potatoes wedges and a few other things about 5 in total. The only thing that was heated was the fried rice. Now whether it was an oversight and someone forgot to turn them on or they were intentionally left off I don't know. But needless to say, my stomach was immediately switched off and I wasn't much hungry anymore.

2. Pigeons- yes pigeons, not on the menu but they are certainly abundant in around the restaurant. Many times you'll find staff 'shooing' them away. Don't leave a plate with food or they will be on your table once you leave. Nothing more appetizing than watching a pigeon walk all over your plate and silverware.

3. It is a buffet and I get that- but my wife ordered coffee and by the time we were finished our meals it still had not made it to our table.

In all honesty the reason I can only give this place 2 stars is for the lack of food safety. I have literally been worried about getting sick my entire time here after eating yesterday. Thankfully I haven't but in all honesty to eat here for subpar food and risk getting sick is just not worth it to me. Hopefully thing change for future visitors.

TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear RAA6785,

Greetings from The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Vasco's restaurant.

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedbacks and we will look into it with the utmost attention.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm regards,

Quentin PEBREUIL
Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

The food collection, taste, and services are awesome there. I'd eat for many days at Vascos without getting bored from their menu.

TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear LoayTH,

thank you for your kind review on Vascos. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the different Theme buffets offered.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.

With kind regards,
Tina Wolf
Food & Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2017

The breakfast has amazing variety and also very health food. The mediterranean platter was incredible and the eggs were great.

JohannesSteyn, General Manager at Vasco's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear 335sanjayp,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Vascos restaurant.

We are very happy you enjoyed your Breakfast and the variety of food available.

Best Regards