“Johan Strijdom”

Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: One of the Prominent Icon of Seychelles, The Famous (Ex- Tyfoo) Now its Asian Fusion which serves contemporary Asian ,Creole & International Cuisine.
Reviewed 18 April 2017

New management true hospitality. Was invited in, although they have already closed for the Monday holiday after Easter. Was offered free punch that stood over from a wedding, given a beer to drink and another to take home - everything for free!!! Got to learn a lot from the politics, economics and society of Seychelles. Also learned how the restaurant is now being transformed under new management. Strongly recommend these friendly people!

1  Thank Strijjm

Reviewed 3 July 2016

It was about 1.30pm. We were hungry and thirsty. The waitress greeted us with a smile. She served us with drinking water and called the cook to see us. We tried to order what is available and learned that we could order anything on the menu except lobsters. After placing the order it was a long wait for over an hour. Besides our table of 4 there were no other customers. Eventually the four dishes appeared ... The taste of food was too strong and sticky. We need to request for a second round of water. ... The waitress was nice but the food was extraordinary - not again !

1  Thank GeorgeH3182
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

We visited the restaurant after going to the Takamaka rum distillery tour, thinking a quick lunch before heading back home. What a disappointment!

The menu said Asian fusion so we didn't expect actual Chinese or Japanese or Indian food. We ordered Char Kway Teow, Chicken Chicken fried rice, Singapore Rice noodle, Sweet and Sour Fish and Stir fry Pok Choi and mushroom. As you can see from the photos, none of them are what the menu said they were. Kway Teow is supposed to be flat white noodles, rice noodles are supposed to be white thin noodles, not 2 minute noodles all round.

Stir fry pok choi and mushroom was more like a stew. Sweet and sour fish is the only dish that was described in the menu.

Service was incredibly slow, we were the only 5 people there and after ordering we waited for nearly 1.5hrs before our food came. I must add it seems to be the norm of how slow service is in Seychelles so maybe one day it will change.

Just don't have high expectations when you go in. The waitress was very nice and smiling which was a good change.

3  Thank lamlam77
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This restaurant does not serve quality food. I ate frozen deep fried prawns in batter, described as 'ebi tempura'. I expected the Japanese dish as described, but received what I would expect from a low class take away kiosk, obviously mass packed imported frozen prawns and cooked straight from the freezer. Taste was stale and inedible. It is easy for a restaurant to write a menu and technically serve what it describes, but at these prices, I expect some culinary skill and care using good quality raw ingredients. When I told staff that I was not pleased, they commented that the chef was happy with what was served and that was that. I do not recommend and would never return. I write this review to advise others not to expect decent food, at any price.

1  Thank Stray56
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A couple of friends & I decided to stop by at the Asian Fushion Restaurant. whilst we arrived from the long way drive from town to get there, we decided to check some of the drinks at the bar and since there was the logo outside buy two drinks get one free drink.
so we decided to buy 4drinks so as we had 2 drinks left. on the receipt it was showed clearly what we ordered.
then we decided to ordered the food at the Restaurant. the smoke fish were very salty, the sweet and sour fish were very spicy. as one of my friend informed them that it was spicy, the waitress bought the bowl in the kitchen to the chef and she received a complimentary free ice cream and that she wont pay for the sweet and sour neither the dessert. but later when the bill arrived it included the sweet and sour fish. I mean seriously! very frustrated and the chef informed us that were no fish left in the bowl". but on my friends plate there were still some left. its not fair. i wont suggest going there ever again, they need to satisfy the customer's needs.
so we decided to go at the bar to have our free drinks. but they informed us that we need to pay an extra 200 to get the free drink. so we didn't pay the 200 and left. and the tax, my gosh!

3  Thank Bertrand A