We were on a Gate One Tour and they put us in this hotel for three nights. The tour was great, except for this hotel. First the positives: The manager was very nice and tried to be accommodating. The included breakfasts were excellent. The staff seemed very nice and friendly. BUT, the hotel is rundown. The lobby is nice and updated, but the rooms are terrible. Dirty is the operative word. I could look past the rundown part, but there is no excuse for dirty. The hallway carpets were stained and there was dried up liquid running down the walls near the elevator. The rooms were sparsely furnished to say the least. No drawers to put your clothes in. Closet was covered with curtains where there was obviously a door at one time. Three hangers in the closet. One of our fellow travelers asked for more hangers and got never got them. The first room we were offered, number 903, smelled so bad when I walked in that I asked for a different room. They were very nice and gave us room 606. That room was in terrible condition, with rusted hinges on the bathroom door, dust and dirt on the window sills, and the carpet was stained and dirty. We asked for another room and they offered us 903 again. We opted to stay in 606 because it turned out that 903 had a moldy odor that wouldn't go away. Each day our bed was made and we were given fresh towels. But the carpet was never vacuumed and the dust and dirt remained where it was. I complained to Gate One when I returned and they apologized and said they would look into it. It would have been a perfect trip except for this hotel. The other hotels were very nice. This hotel and its poor condition became a hot topic of discussion for many of us on the tour. Everyone I spoke with had similar complaints about their rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Prima Galil is situated on a hilltop in the center of historic Tiberias, decorated in a refreshing style- designed to give guests a feeling of serenity. Prima Galil is an unbeatable base from which to explore the Israel northern region, the Galilee and the Golan heights. • 93 Rooms with FREE WIFI in room and public areas • Family rooms and suites • Courtesy Tea & Coffee making facilities in room • Mini refrigerator in room • Multi-channel TV • Safe deposit box in room • Resource Library with books, maps & self-guided tours • Mini website info station - with local tours & attractions • Exhibits of Galilee products • Dining room overlooking the Sea of Galilee • Art Gallery, Bar & Garden Lounge • Swimming pool (in season) • Free wireless internet in public areas and rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Prima Galil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prima Galil Hotel Tiberias
- Prima Hotel Tiberias
- Tiberias Prima Hotel
- Hotel Prima Galil Tiberias, Israel - Galilee