All reviewssea of galileebreakfast and dinnernice hotelreception deskdining roomtwo nightshotel roombed was comfortablenice viewwatch the sunriselake viewbuffet stylenice poolsaladgroupisraeltour
Reviewed 3 April 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Leonardo Plaza Hotel for one night last month while touring Israel and the West Bank. It was very quiet when we were there and we were upgraded to a suite. The hotel furnishings were decent and the view of the Sea of Galilee was lovely. The breakfast was nice, especially the setting of the dining room. We had a great dinner at a nearby restaurant (Little Tiberias). We were unable to check in right away when we arrived as the staff member was on break, apparently. We were offered a complimentary beverage while we waited. Compared to hotels in the U.S. and Europe, I felt it was a little over-priced for the amenities and level of service, but all-in-all a good place to stay in Tiberias.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
AvnerMa, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Tiberias, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Reviewed 30 March 2016

I had a nice room with balcony and gorgeous view of Sea of Galilee. Everything was clean. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Food choices for breakfast and dinner were consistently varied and delicious. Housekeeping was top-notch. I liked the small touches - fresh flowers near the elevator.

The two gift shops are small but nice. You can bargain. The owner was very helpful with my purchase.

Also, this section of Tiberias is great to just stroll around. We took morning walk on the promenade just as the sun was rising. Spectacular!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
AvnerMa, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Tiberias, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

I have been to Israel many, many times. I just stayed there for three nights. Weather was great and I was in a wonderful suite with a view. However the hotel continues to be very tired and worn. The Leonardo chain is allowing their properties to deteriorate significantly. They are simply failing to put resources back into the property. This property and the one in Jerusalem were once Sheraton properties. There is no comparison with before. They have gone from very nice to third rate in every way. Israel has pushed the American chains out for the most part and it is really showing. Th entire hotel infrastructure needs a facelift and significant investment. The Leonardo is considered one of the better but it does not show in their properties. I rated this hotel a three only because of how it compares to other Tiberius properties it probably should be two or lower. American travelers must understand that despite a very modern Israel the hotels are simply not at levels you would expect given the prices.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
AvnerMa, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Tiberias, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2016

P.R Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2016

The front desk staff is wonderful. However, that is where it ends. Ironing board and iron are located in a dinky service room and scary at night. The room did not appear clean and there was green mold on the push button for the toilet. The hotel is old and needs completely renovated. The breakfast staff acted like they just didnt care...so I didnt bother to eat anything. The views from the room were fabulous. If I were on a budget...maybe I could stay here for 1 night...but just did not seem clean. The gift shop has lots of choices if you reach a price you want to pay for an item. Be prepared to haggle or just walk out. The surrounding area has lots of restaurants. So, location is good.

Stayed: February 2016
AvnerMa, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Tiberias, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

P.R Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2016

We stayed here as part of our Holy Land Tour. The hotel was fine, neither memorable or forgettable.

Had a nice view of the Sea of Galilee and that was important to me. Breakfast and dinner were included and both buffets were generous and varied.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlaskaMomofTwo
AvnerMa, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Tiberias, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2016