“Lots of food”

The Old Man and the Sea
Ranked #10 of 112 Restaurants in Jaffa
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ernest Hemingway's 1952 novel The Old Man and the Sea depicts the world of a poor Cuban fisherman who fights the wild sea. These elements of sea, fish and noble nature have also inspired the establishment of the well-known restaurant on Jaffa's Kedem Street - The Old Man and the Sea.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Oriental food . lots of food goes into the table ,many small salads eat as much as u can style . Meats are good but not special or the main reason to be here .

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Our group had an early dinner here and we ordered different dishes to share. We started with huge round pieces of a type of flat bread accompanied by small plates of dips and salads, all delicious. We share a sea bass, deep fried calamari, prawns and a steak. Quite a feast.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I was not impressed by this place. I came with a group of 15 and it took forever for them to seat us - WITH a long reserved table. The food was mediocre. And it was unbelievably noisy. Not a good place to talk. To hear one another we had to yell at the person sitting right across from us. I will not go back.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Have been several times and have enjoyed it every time. Love the salads. Choice of fish very good. Pita bread delicious.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This used to be our go-to on Friday afternoon watching the sun set in the ocean across from their terrace. ( I am from Tel Aviv) I knew the owner & we used to chat. Service was top notch. Price was reasonable, especially compared to a few other fish restaurants in the area which were pricy for no reason other than being "in".". However, the place has changed & not for the better. Many found out about it & he kept adding space till it looked like an industrial kind of place. Personal touch is no longer there & they r always in a hurry. Thus u hardly sit down & all salads r on the table... One pays a fixed sum & salads r included, or u can just pay for salads if u want to skip the fish. Fish & seafood are always fresh! Salads used to be tastier. You can reorder any salad u fancy as many times as u like. Lemonade comes free with the meal & coffee /tea + a sweet at the end. I used to love their sweets but now they have something else to adapt to such a huge crowd. So I've been reading tourists' reviews & YES u get a lot of food with all those starters + potato chips with the fish. But I miss the atmosphere it used to have. Waiters knew their customers & one could enjoy a relaxed meal. These days they are still professional but no heart. The original place on the hill is still there where one mostly sees Arab customers & some Israelis. The one at the port is the new extension & charges an extra 10 shekels I think - which is OK since very reasonably priced & still tasty. Yet I have moved on as most places have business lunches / similar deals nowadays & u can get great fish in other places such as "Namal TelAviv" for roughly the same price.