“We will be back!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Arroyo Seco B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Beautiful view and great breakfast. This was great place to stay while we had a fabulous time at the Taos Ski Valley Wine Festival. It was also a quick drive to Red River for our snowshoeing. Having a romantic fireplace in out room was really nice. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 January 2011

DON'T stay here if you plan on having a nice vacation. The owner is about as friendly as a TSA agent. Seriously, she's rude, arrogant, over bearing & seems to enjoy reprimanding her guests.There were five us staying here for 3 nights. My mother & I stayed in the La Luna suite, with the hot tub & my husband & two step-sons stayed downstairs in the Orion room. She made us feel very unwelcome from the start, as she was barking orders at us immediately to "close the door!". She gave us a 20 minute orientation of rules & explanations for things we could or could not do. On our second night we were in the hot tub in the back yard & my husband walked into the mudroom from outside. She walked past the doorway & saw him & went a grabbed a towel & literally threw it at him, as if to say 'stop dripping water on the floor.' THAT'S WHAT A MUDROOM IS FOR!!!!!!! When I asked her about Donald Rumsfeld being a resident of Taos, she snapped back that she "wasn't a fan of his". The last night we were there she came upstairs to our room, knocked & then proceeded to yell at my mother for not turning the jets off in the hot tub before the water drained out. She said she could hear them from downstairs.

BTW, a week before we arrived she required we pay in full with our credit card. She does this because she knows people will walk out without paying after being treated so badly.

We always stay at bed & breakfasts when we travel & we've never been treated this way before. This woman absolutely should NOT be in the hospitality business.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank lovetotravel5972
Como, Italy
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Everything was as written in the terrible reviews. Plus some. She left a huge mess behind her adobe, with garden hoses and rakes, pots and pants and all kinds of stuff. I called ahead to let her know I would arrive after dark. I dont understand her logic but she left NO LIGHTS on around the property and I was told I HAD to park in the back. TO make a short story I tripped really badly and had bruises on my knee and elbow, which my friends actually took photos of later and suggested I sue her. and I probably should, because of how she acted when I told her.
I told her about the incident, not only did she NOT apologize, she JUST WALKED AWAY WHILE I WAS telling her.
It was expensive, you can hear noises from the kitchen early in the morning, the breakfast is good, but rationed, and the general feeling is of unhospiatbility.
The location is great, but so is everywhere in this area-

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank broweyedgirelle
New Mexico
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Beautiful, secluded location, delicious breakfast. Owner was careful to work with food allergies, and pets are welcome. We had a handicap-accessible room, which was immaculate and comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We love to stay in B&B's. When we were looking for B&Bs in Taos - We found this one and the description on the website for their rooms were very clear. We stayed in La Luna for 4 days and nights - what an experience... The room was very spacious, it had gorgeous views of the mountains, it felt like we were staying right under the mountains. At night, the moon rises up from the mountain - we were just few days late from the full moon day, but it was still very beautiful view. Before the moon comes up, it is best to look at the stars from the balcony with all lights out, we were able to see the milky way every night and TONS of stars..

Service was just great, I was on diet, so I couldn't have the breakfast prepared by the staff, but my husband enjoyed it a lot and the owner, Judy, was just great, she prepared breakfast for me from my diet program. The staff was great and very friendly.

The location of B&B is also very great. It is just few minutes away from the Taos Ski Valley and just 15 minutes drive to Taos downtown. The pricing is just right.
Anytime I will visit Taos, I am staying at this place and I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
14.3 km away
Inn on the Rio
Inn on the Rio
#13 of 23 in Taos

Been to Adobe & Stars Bed and Breakfast Inn of Taos? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK