“Simple yet delicious breakfast burrito and salsa!”

Abe's Cantina y Cocina
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I got breakfast burrito with no meat. It is amazing. Just try it. The Chios and Salsa also perfect-
Fresh and spicy!!! I can recommend the pumpkin empanadas also! For less than 6 dollars, the breakfast burrito is famous for a reason!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Good breakfast burritos, and just a short walk from our lodging. The dried plum empanadas were the highlight -- I'd definitely recommend those.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

An amazing place to meet locals and the obnoxious tourist. Excellent beer, wine and spirit selection. Packages to go as well

Reviewed 22 October 2016

this is a small place outside of taos on the way to the ski area. the lunch was very good, served by a family, and with only about 4 tables. it is not pretentious but well worth the stop.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

As a Californian on a week-long vacation in the Taos area, I visited Ab’s twice. First time was for lunch at the food side. Wife Gretchen and I enjoyed taquitos and a beverage. I bought my Nuevo Beer (A Santa Fe brew) at the long traditional bar and took it to the dining area. My second visit was to find out if they would have the USC-Stanford football game on TV the next day. One of the Garcia gals did a search on the big screen, found the game would be on at 6 p.m. the next night. She said they would make sure I would see it. On this visit I met Abe Garcia, originator of the establishment. At 93 years he was sitting at the end of the bar, a place that has been his second home since 1974. He allowed me to snap his picture, kidding that it would cost $20. Abe served in the Army in Okinawa in 1943. A picture of him in uniform is one of many on his bar’s wall of fame. The Cantina is basically a working man’s saloon. There were three red pickups parked out front on my second visit. At the happy bar, I met one couple from Taos who drive the dozen miles regularly for a friendly brew at Abe’s. It’s a joyful place, prices are low, and the chatter of happy patrons is constant. Abe’s daughters run the kitchen side of the business and do a steady business with their chicken tacos and breakfast burritos being popular choices. Breakfast and lunch only!