• Breakfast included
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedouin experiencecamel rideunique experiencelarge tentsleeping bagbedouin campserved tea and coffeericedesert experiencedifferent typessleeping arrangementsboth dinner and breakfaststayed for one nightsaladyoung peopledead seashort talk
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Kfar Hanokdim is an oasis (in every sense) in the middle of the Judean / Negev desert.
The owners went out of their way to ensure you have a fantastic stay. The room was great, the food was great and the view of Masada was awesome. You cannot beat the dinner and breakfast and the personnel is fantastic. Take the time and drive the extra km's - you will not be sorry. So many things to experience - Loved it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Our visit here began with a thirty minute camel ride. Our camel had personality. It would have been a fun experience, if not for a couple things beyond the control of the place. First I was swatting at a bug and dropped my water bottle, so my recommendation is don't bring anything with you for the ride! (I did get it back later as a guide picked it up). Next I was expecting it to be hot in the desert, so didn't wear my coat - it wasn't. It was actually a bit cold, and then a storm was coming. So don't presume it will be hot. It began to rain, but not too hard.

After the camel ride, we went into a large tent where we sat on cushions. (It was pouring rain while in thereI). First we were served tea and coffee (very strong). A Bedouin man talked to us about Bedouin culture. The we sat down at the tables for lunch. I think this was the best meal we had on our trip to Israel. We were served so much food. First there were small bowls of eggplant, cabbage, tahini, red pepper sauce, beets and hummus along with rolled up bread. Then we were served a huge round platter full of rice, lentils, grape leaves and several kinds of meat. For dessert we had custard, baklava, a peanut and a meringue dessert plus fruits and candies. Everything was so delicious and we were very full. On our way outI saw there were many tents there which I hadn't noticed before as it was raining. This was definitely a highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: We did not stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I LOVED my visit to this camp and the ride on the camels. I highly recommend this place. It will not disappoint! We had a special visit with a Bedouin lady who talked freely about her culture and her personal experiences as a woman. Awesome.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I stayed here for one night with my 8th grade pupils. It's very clean, well looked after, well organised and beautifully located. The class slept in a giant tent while the staff had excellent ensuite rooms. Strongly recommend this place for families with its animal corner, lovely clean grounds and well mapped walks, graded by difficulty of route.

Room Tip: Bring a torch for night walks.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Great experience in this oasis near the Dead Sea. learned drumming, bellydancing and information about the beduin way of life. Room was spacious and comfortable and food very good. May be too busy during the season though as they have the capacity to host large amounts of schools/tourists comping with buses.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple