“just OK”
Review of Aryaduta Medan

Aryaduta Medan
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Medan
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I choosed this hotel is just because the location near the movie, so I can go for midnite movie without worrying anything. For other things, I better choose the other hotels in same stars.
- No wifi in room, they just provide wifi in lobby and restaurant. So I must use cable for online in room.
- The staffs not fully care, my room was not made up for few days, every time I came back from my work or hangout, the room was just like before I left. And I have to call room services for many times.
- I must call the room service to picked up my laundry almost everyday.
- The TV programs is not complete. Very sad I couldnt watch Star World during my stay there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Hotel looks well maintained, new and unlike Hotel Angkasa (where we had dinner) which looked very gaudily decorated and old. Swimming pool and shuttle service to the airport also available.

Rooms were fully carpeted, bright and blankets were warm, providing a good night's rest to recharge. Bottled water was provided and newspapers are complimentarily placed outside your door upon request. Television had cable network and free wifi available throughout the hotel. Room also had a safe and thermostat.

One downside is that our room's telephone was not working and though the reception had called for the maintenance worker to fix, he didn't arrive. As we're a party of three, after having checked in, the rollout bed was not yet prepared. However, this was promptly done as we were dining at Hotel Angkasa.

International cuisine for breakfast, though food was okay and not fantastic. Hotel is located beside a shopping mall (nothing comparable to those in Singapore) with a hypermarket and a departmental store. Within 500m is Merdeka Walk, a food street, which didn't appeal much to us.

Nonetheless, a comfortable and clean shelter for the night.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Room is spacious, but they could have maintained it better. Bedroom and bathroom were clean, but it could benefit from a bit of refurbishment. My room was dilapidated and carpet looked dirty (which might not be the case).

The hotel used to serve freshly brewed coffee from the coffee machine, but not anymore. So, I ended up with stale and weak coffee. Breakfast was average and the cafe was understaffed. There were only about three people serving the whole area, and it was quite busy at that time.

However, I've never stayed at another hotels in Medan, so I could not really compare it with others.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The rooms are quite nice but needs renovation - stained carpets etc. Questionable design in most (I was part of a larger group so I saw a few). The check in is OK but not more and the staff is helpful. Several good buffe restaurants and a Japanese teppanyaki offering as well. Nice and very stylish - for Medan. It is a good choice and I was not dissapointed in asnything more than not all romms have wireless.

Room Tip: Avoid 9th floor (no wireless)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

After a long week a small group of us returned to The Aryaduta Hotel in Medan at about 1115 PM just after the closure of the bar and were tolds so. I am as an Australian being told this and always thinking if I owned the hotel I would sort this sort of approach out ! Any way ( bit long winded sorry ) I asked if we could have a drink out side the bar - the nice girl said only room service and I said - good we will have it here and HEY PRESTO we got 2 drinks and I want to marry the girl and will stay there each visit to Medan untill I die.
It is these small things that make a big difference at any hotel and it must be a management thing? They have it here - charming desk helperss- comfy rooms and fair pricing .
Gets the OZIEMUNCHER 5 star rating !

Room Tip: Just take what you can - hard to get rooms all over Indonesia!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business