“Ok if you don't have expectation”
Review of Aryaduta Medan

Aryaduta Medan
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Medan
Jakarta
“Ok if you don't have expectation”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Room is spacious, but they could have maintained it better. Bedroom and bathroom were clean, but it could benefit from a bit of refurbishment. My room was dilapidated and carpet looked dirty (which might not be the case).

The hotel used to serve freshly brewed coffee from the coffee machine, but not anymore. So, I ended up with stale and weak coffee. Breakfast was average and the cafe was understaffed. There were only about three people serving the whole area, and it was quite busy at that time.

However, I've never stayed at another hotels in Medan, so I could not really compare it with others.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Safed, Israel
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The rooms are quite nice but needs renovation - stained carpets etc. Questionable design in most (I was part of a larger group so I saw a few). The check in is OK but not more and the staff is helpful. Several good buffe restaurants and a Japanese teppanyaki offering as well. Nice and very stylish - for Medan. It is a good choice and I was not dissapointed in asnything more than not all romms have wireless.

Room Tip: Avoid 9th floor (no wireless)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 September 2011

After a long week a small group of us returned to The Aryaduta Hotel in Medan at about 1115 PM just after the closure of the bar and were tolds so. I am as an Australian being told this and always thinking if I owned the hotel I would sort this sort of approach out ! Any way ( bit long winded sorry ) I asked if we could have a drink out side the bar - the nice girl said only room service and I said - good we will have it here and HEY PRESTO we got 2 drinks and I want to marry the girl and will stay there each visit to Medan untill I die.
It is these small things that make a big difference at any hotel and it must be a management thing? They have it here - charming desk helperss- comfy rooms and fair pricing .
Gets the OZIEMUNCHER 5 star rating !

Room Tip: Just take what you can - hard to get rooms all over Indonesia!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed for 1 night at a deluxe room with a large (2x2m) balcony overlooking the pool. The room is quite big and has a friendly, neutral feel. Loved the pillows which were super comfortable that I wanted to take one back home :p

Unfortunately, at that time I was just recovering from a cough, and the carpet (though it was nice and soft) exacerbated my cough. This, I take, is an indication that the carpet is NOT vacuumed enough!! The flat-screen TV had good channels but it was hung too far away from the bed. I also thought the amenities (tea/coffee + water heater) was oddly placed in a nook between the TV and the study table.

Breakfast and lunch is disappointing. Not much variety and average taste.

One other thing to note: the reception lobby is on the NINTH floor. Yup, you read correctly. It totally confused me when I got in the lift to look for the lobby.

I haven't stayed at any other hotel in Medan, but I understand that Aryaduta is one of the best, and only comes second after Marriott. I'm surprised, however, that the food is much worse than 5-star hotels in mainland Java, given that Medan is the third largest city in the country.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This is one of the best hotel in Medan , feel like home if I stay here , the staff are helpful & friendly , I stay here since 2009 if have trip to medan ...the atmosphere of room which I like it, definetly I love to stay here, try the western food in The Kitchen ...you will like it...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business