See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights but should have had the sense to move elsewhere after viewing our room. The 'deluxe' room was absolutely filthy, paint peeling from the walls, blue/green mold everywhere, air conditioner not working and a bar fridge (un-stocked) that you could grow mushrooms in it was so filthy and unclean!

This was NOT a four star hotel and hadn't been for the past 20 years. All of the photos on the web site were taken when the hotel was built 35 years ago! It was so bad it could not be rated honestly by the 'star' method. Apparently they have supposedly 'renovated' the deluxe rooms but we never saw them. We were moved to a 'cottage' with a slightly better outlook and possibly a poor 1/2 a star (being generous) rating at best, but were charged for the move!

Breakfast was strictly non-European; sweets, soups, rice and more rice. There were NO cereals as suggested by another reviewer, with the actual restaurant in need of some major TLC. When it rained they closed the restaurant, rather than get the roof repaired!

I cannot believe the comments from others on Trip Adviser. Can only conclude they were staying at a different hotel or management have 'pretended' to be guests to leave comments?

The swimming pool was big and a pleasant escape from the accommodations, though the 'pool attendant' neither spoke to us nor did he assist us with pool towels and requested drinks. He sat in his box and stared right through us as if we were not there. Best described as 'ignorant and lazy'.

The only plus, aside from the above, was the friendly staff but they could not hope to save this hotel from being the worst in Indonesia.

Be warned that the other 'positive' comments here should be viewed with extreme caution, do not book here wearing blinkers, because what you see is most definitely not what you will get.

Room Tip: Cottages are best, but put in a proviso that you want to 'view' the room prior to confirming your booking. Even some of the cottages are in states of disrepair....
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jack E
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The hotel is located at the city centre, sea view and closed to souvenir shop. Just few minute walk to have a local food, you can walk around the sea side during morning & evening and easy to find local food from hawkers. The room is clean, but the rate is a quite high compare with other hotel around.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank shazz_Malaya
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We reached the capitol of sulawesi selatan and had a hut on our own.The nasi rawon was very spicy and a great aphrodisiac.I had a morning swim in the deep pool we all enjoyed the stay my son loved that we were provided snacks to his liking readily in the hotel room..My mum was happy for the king bed.I loved the generous breakfast.

Room Tip: I love the rooms near the pool it spacious and scenic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Zarina A
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel at the end of October 2012.

It is a small to medium sized hotel, with a terrace overlooking the harbour where meals are served.

Breakfast consisted of a selection of three cereals, juice, teas and coffees and eggs made how you want them (I opted for cheese, ham and mushroom omlette - nice!). Other options were available which may appeal more to locals (food in the West we may more associate with evening meals).

Evening meals were selected off the menu which had a relatively small choice. I had previously stayed at a remote forest location with a family and had much better food there than here. I can only describe the food as OK,

The rooms were clean and spacious and wifi was available in rooms, as well as the hotel lobby and terrace. This worked very well except for a period between midnight and six one night where the wifi in my room wouldn't work.

The hotel is situated by the harbour and within easy walking distance of bustling Makassar centre. My room faced the town and was quiet (I didn't hear a thing).

The beds were comfortable with a decent pillow.

The main disappointment was that I couldn't ring the UK from the hotel. Apparently this used to be an option but no longer.

I paid about $45 per night for the room with breakfast. Overall I would rate this hotel 3.5 stars but with the limitation of a five star rating three stars would be harsh and four stars generous.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mikeedeedee
Reviewed 20 August 2012

i think this is the only hotel in makassar wich located just on the seaside (correct me if i'm wrong). this hotel is an old hotel located. room is spacy and service is good. even the hotel staff allow me to go for fishing on the back of this hotel wich directly facing the sea. room is ok, although need renovation due to the old fashioned decoration on it. breakfast was superb, since the location is on the top floor and directly facing the sea. overall it's ok.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business