“Good Hotel”

The BCC Hotel & Residence
Ranked #25 of 99 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Located only view minute away from BCS Mall.. Those who like shopping all the time is the best choice for you to stay at BCC Hotel,, I must say The BCC Hotel has a different atmosphere the moment you make your entrance. The first thing when I'm stepping in the hotel it felt so great, greeted by friendly staff, the room was spacious and the shower room was very clean, plus with Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Deluxe King is the best room I choice
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Elvianti_Chen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The BCC Hotel & Residence

Reviewed 22 April 2012

First,i think the reviews all fake?But when we enter the room.I was surprised because the room is so big,beautiful design and good aminities.I think i choose the wrong hotel because i booked the 4star hotel not the 5 star hotel.The hotel is just next door to bcs mall. 24 hours minang eating house is just a 5mins walk away, about less than a 100m distance.Behind the hotel is the foodcourt,you can find a lot of food there.I will recommend my friend to stay at this hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank KumarJoe
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Details
Date: 05 Apr 2012 - 09 Apr 2012 (4 Nights)
Paid: USD$317
Stayed: 18th Floor, Deluxe Room (Facing Singapore)

The BCC Hotel and Residence was about 10 mins away if you were to take a taxi from the Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal. Do not take private cars. Go for the official taxis with signs. The fare was IDR$50,000 or about USD$5.45. In fact, everywhere you go, IDR$50,000 was the starting rate. You can agree or bargain with the driver before getting into the taxi. They don't go by the meter, not that I saw any in the taxi.

The hotel stuck out like a sore thumb among it's surroundings. Impossible to miss. It was really new and clean, and check-in was done without hassle. Counter staff were friendly, helpful and could speak English fairly well. The room key was a card which you need to scan to open the door. The same card is also needed to get to your level once you are in the lift. I tried pressing other levels in vain. Pretty neat security I would say.

The room was super huge compared to my hotel in Tokyo! (see my review on the Shinjuku Washington Hotel). I could easily fit a family of 6 with all that space. Huge flatscreen television, comfortable bed, cupboard, safe, fully stocked minibar etc. Best of all, there was free wifi in the room although it may get slow in the night when everyone is back in the rooms. The pillows were a little too soft but they can't please every different head so I didn't complain. The toilet was pretty big as well but no bathtub for this room, not that it mattered. The toilet also had those cool Japanese 'butt washing' function so go crazy trying them. The only gripe I had with the room was that every night, there would some strange smell in the toilet. It's like they were clearing the sewage pipes or something. Better close your toilet doors to prevent the smell from spilling out into the main room. Other than that, everything was fine. House keeping was ok and helpful with our needs. They may forget a thing or two so just ask if you need anything.

The hotel was just beside the Batam City Square (BCS) Mall. There, you can get groceries, food, do your shopping and even catch a movie (US$2.40) there. There's also a outdoor 'A2 Food Court' behind the hotel where you can have a beer, feast on seafood and satay while watching movies or live soccer screenings. It gets pretty packed after 8 p.m so go around 7+. Sheltered seats are limited so if it rains, good luck.

I've got nothing much more to add about the hotel except that breakfast was included everyday and there's a swimming pool, sauna, massage centre and gym. You should really use the hotel as a base camp while exploring the surrounding areas in the day and try the local cuisine. Taxis can get you anywhere. Who says there's nothing to do in Batam? My friends thought I was mad but I spent 5 days and it was still not enough. Have fun!

Room Tip: Go high. I had a fantastic view of the island.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
16  Thank shackled
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed for 3 business nights in Batam. Nobody in my company have heard of BCC so I gave it a try. Staffs are very friendly. They always smile or greet you upon every encounter. The room was "OMG" beautiful and spacious! The bathroom is above my expectation. It's near BCS Mall. Quite convenient. Overall I enjoyed my stay at BCC. For a hotel who just started 4 months this is outstanding. Well done

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Joe_Fuse
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Clean, Comfortable, Customer service & Convenient
I am happy to be recommended of BCC.
I have been to Batam Centre many times and I find the location of this hotel is the most convenient especially for lady travellers like myself.
Buy a taxi ticket at Batam Centre Ferry Terminal forRp50,000 to arrive at BCC. My friends and I stay in 2-bedroom apartment which is spacious for a group of 4 or 5.
It is new thus cleanliness is up to expectation. You can enjoy the pool, sauna and steambath for free.
BCS shopping centre is less than 3min walk away. Good variety of food and fashion shops. One level has many hair salons, beauty salons and massage shops. Reasonable price. There is a supermart on the basement and the prices generally are cheaper than Hypermart. Entertainment such as Bowling, Timezone, Family Karaoke are all available in BCS.
Evening time a2 Foodcourt is set up just next to BCS in a big open space selling seafood, vegetarian food,  hawker food etc.. It is so convenient that you need not get out of the area if one intends to stayi in Batam for 2days/1night only.
For safe and clean massage, I recommend you to book from Isabella Massage House located opposite Nagoya Shopping Mall. (www.isabellamassagehouse.com). They have experienced messeurs. They will go to hotel to pick you and send you back after that for free. You can email or call them. Calling from hotel is cheap, merely Rp 500-1000 per min.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends