“Worst massage I've ever had”

Eska Wellness Spa Massage and Salon
Ranked #18 of 71 Spas & Wellness in Batam
More attraction details
Owner description: Provides a head-to-toe spa experience with an extensive selection of treatments and therapies. ESKA offers a menu of pampering treats such as massages, manicure, pedicure, hair treatment only from the salon, facials with high end Japan Tech, eye treatment, ear candling, hydrotherapy treats, refreshing scrubs, body slimming program, permanent hair removal with PTF. Escape from the hustle and bustle of city life to a place of Essential, Soothing, Kindly and Ambience Tranquility.
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Staff are polite & welcoming, place look pretty new. That's the only positive reviews of this place. Staff are not trained at all in massage or reflexology. It didn't feel like a massage, felt more like a pat on the back. Was a complete waste of our time we spent there. There was no coverage of a woman's modesty when massaging female customers. Beds felt very dirty, uncomfortable & oily. Seems like the bedsheets were never changed. Would never recommend this place at all. Don't waste your time or money here.

EskaWellnessSpa, Public Relations Manager at Eska Wellness Spa Massage and Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear Ms.Razeenah,

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for highlighting to us that the staff has improved on their concern of customers.
As massage is a highly personalised service, it is a good point to note that different massage techniques are of different strength in nature. For softer massage, we offer Aromatherapy Body Massage, while Sport massage uses the elbow and whole arm to massage the body, this is a more intense and deeper strength massage, which may not have been well suited for your needs.

As such, we always ask customers to communicate with their therapists to adjust the strength for each area of the massage as every customer preferences are different, some prefer softer strength on their thighs and extremely strong strength on their back and shoulders, so the key to having a great massage session is for good communication with your therapist.

Rest assured that every customer will get new bed sheet after other's treatment end.

As we always ask for feedback after every customer's treatment, we would have wished that immediately after your treatment, we would have received your feedback instead of reading it on Tripadvisor one week later; this would have allowed us to perform proper service recovery on the spot. We regret that this is not the case as you did not mention any negative feedback after the treatments.

We will continue to improve our service and training to staffs as we always do in Eska Training Centre so that they will be more gentle and careful with customers as well as the cleanliness of our premises.

While we are deeply disappointed that your review experience of Eska Spa was not good, we will continue to improve and do our best to cope with the high expectations of being ranked the Best Spa in Batam.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"package"
in 74 reviews

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The service is friendly, but

- they does not specialise in any, hence the foot massage and mandicure is both poor
- foot massage strength is lacking most of the time and sudden inconsistent strength at various point
- mandicure therapist is poor, as my wife’s skin is broken twice
- nail polish is poor and have to re-apply 2nd round and we are a in rush for time for recovery service.

Dear Mr.Ong Z,

Our protocol is to ask for feedback directly after each customer's treatment. The reason for such a feedback channel is to allow customers to address their concerns before stepping out of our outlets and let us begin our service recovery there and then.

Next, our therapists and manicurists are all well trained and have many years of experience, they have industry specific certifications and understand how to perform their massage techniques according to the customer's needs, however body or foot massage is a highly personalised service, hence we always advice customers to inform the therapists if they feel pain or are tender in certain areas, if there was no proper communication between customer and therapist, the body or foot massage experience will be less enjoyable. Which is why our therapists are trained to ask for feedback during the massage treatment.

It is unfair for you to rate our services at 1 star without providing details and clarifications on the exact details of what happened especially when we asked for direct feedback right after your treatment.

We would like to hear more from you in order to address your feedback in the event you did indeed visited us, do provide more details and your reservation time, date and names to customerservice@eskagroup.co.id

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The location is facing the pool.
Hair service for children for (shampoo,cut,blow) is a good deal i think by stylist.
My husband enjoyed his massage by Mr Bara for solid hour.
Great to be served by them as a guest from the hotel.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Visited the Eksa spa at Kepri Mall (shop lots outside the mall). It is next to the Eksa hotel and a short walk from the Radisson.
It was a spur of the moment decision to have a hair cut. Ended up with more. The staff appear quite professional and the cut was good. It was also well priced. Although I did wonder later why everything was at the top end of the price scale for me. I didn't like the hair tint but that's just me, I always decide later that I hate tints and swear off tints till I forget (again).
Noticed some people coming in for manicures and pedicures too. What impressed is that unlike others (e.g. Central Spa) there are specific staff who will take care of services and not, whoever it is on hand who will wing it.
Returned a few hours later as a couple, again on an off-chance as our hotel spa was fully booked. We wanted a foot massage and an upper back massage. They had an hour listed but we only had time for half an hour. The front desk managed it well, dropping the time and the price.
The massage is up a staircase but opens up to a nicely laid out area with beds separated by curtains for back massage, private rooms for oil massages and a large room with cushy chairs for foot massage. The upper back is good and comprehensive. The foot massage starts with a foot bath and covers right up to the knees.
After the session, it was casually asked if there were any discounts since I was now a repeat customer! And they immediately enrolled me as a card-carrying member that promises discounts!
Will be back.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Bought a spa package for my sister and myself. exotic spa package at $112 for 2.5 hours. Staff was prompt in chasing payment when I have ordered the package and yet to make payment. But when it comes to updating of customers, they is no follow up.

Reached at 1.50pm for my 2pm appointment. massuers started massaging at 2pm. turned out my whole session ended at 4pm. where does my another 30mins go to?
My package includes champagne, but upon reaching the shop, none updated me champagne is out of stock till when i ended my session, I asked where is the champagne when I am offered ginger/lemongrass tea!!! how can you change champagne to tea without informing? That is the service u get from Eska.

Massage was so-so. not worth the price at all. I strongly do no recommend to anyone.

3  Thank charmaine l
EskaWellnessSpa, General Manager at Eska Wellness Spa Massage and Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Hi Charmaine Low,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback.
We are sorry that we have taken more time than usual to reply as we wanted to investigate fully.
We regret that you felt our colleague was not appropriate to follow up and this is most unusual to hear. We do apologize if it were so. With respect, we have checked our records and it did show that your reservations was made through Eska website for Exotic Escape For Two with request for pick up at Batam Centre.

As for your spa session, you started at 2pm as mentioned, based on Ms.Wati and Ms.Mundikah, your therapists on that day, you were escorted to bath session which basically will take about 20 mins, despite of you were in hurry so your bath session was short than that, continue with V-spa Ratus which is only for one pax.
We are here been trained to set our timer before we go in and treat our customers so that is highly unlikely to happen at ESKA.

As for the complimentary drinks, we are so sorry to not inform in the first place, which is already out of stock and discontinue because of alcoholic drinks can not be served, based on Government restrictions law in spa area.

We are grateful for your feedback as it allows us to continually monitor our customer's requirements and we are working on improving the areas of concern.
We understand that you may not consider Eska again on your return trip, however, should you have a change of mind, do contact me directly at susanlim@eskagroup.co.id and I will personally take care of your reservation. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Eska.

Management