Stayed here for 5 days 4 nights.
(1) Excellent location near major shopping malls.
(2) Rooms are bright and tastefully decorated.
(3) Breakfast buffet had a good selection and staff were efficient in serving coffee/tea and bringing fresh crockery and cutlery.
(4) Spa service was good. My friend and I had the traditional javanese massage. My masseuse Wiwik was skillful and applied firm strokes that were really therapeutic.
(1) The toilet was old and tired-looking in contrast with the room, and could do with some renovations. When I started using the showerhead, water started cascading down the wall on which the showerhead was affixed. Further, the vent above the bathtub started to leak.
Fortunately, the repairman came very quickly after we called Front Desk and resolved the problem. We were told it was "an air con problem".
(2) After checking into the room, we left the room to go to the mall, and removed the key card from the slot for electricity. This effectively turned off all the lights and the TV.
Upon returning at night, we returned the key card to the said slot, but to our surprise no light came on. In the darkness, we groped about (this being our first day, we were unfamiliar with the layout) until we found the light switches. To our dismay, the light switches had all been PHYSICALLY switched off.
This is the first time I encountered housekeeping staff actually physically turning switches off. This is wholly ridiculous, given that electricity will only be supplied with a key card in the slot for electricity anyway.
(3) Housekeeping was also unsatisfactory in that there was no consistency in the amenities that were given. For example, the 1st day we did not get bath foam, but on the 2nd day we did.
Overall a pleasant enough stay but the hotel should really invest in refurbishing the toilets and improving housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary High-rise Hotel located in city center. Garden Palace is 4stars hotel whom located on the heart of Surabaya; near Mall, Shopping centre, Business building, Entertaiment district, Historycal building of Surabaya. We have 379 rooms including New Standard, Superior, Suite & also have Deluxe Theme Premium room; Japanese, Roman, Oriental(new renovation) & Nusantara.Our Facilities including : Courtesy Rooms, Business Centre, Clark Hatch Fitness Centre, Drug Store, Musholla, Claudia Rent Car, Hotel Taxi,.There are 6 restaurant : Ming Court Chinese Restaurant, Nishiki Shabu House, Green House Kitchen Bistro, Vista Bake & Bistro, Curabhaya Lounge, and Cat's Pajamas. We also Have many kinds of meeting rooms for your bussiness, party, wedding & another your memorable event, we have 4 kind of meeting room as follow : Caesar Palace Ballroom, Crystal Mainhall & Crystal Plaza, Regency Mainhall & Regency Plaza, Borobudur Room, Nishiki Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Garden Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Palace Hotel Surabaya, Java