“The Best Tengkleng in Town”

Tengkleng Rica Pak Manto
Ranked #25 of 365 Restaurants in Solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

For this years I have go to Solo twice and this is my second time to eaten Sate Buntel Pak Manto. My wife is favorited food is Sate Kambing and i also liked Tengkleng. The tasted is diffrent with the other tengkleng and sate buntel. If you go to solo dont forget to taste the sate buntel and tengkleng, the location is also strategic and near by the stasiun of Balapan Solo.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

A group of 10 of us visited this on the recommendation of a local & also the review on Trip Advisor. The place was pretty crowded & the presentation was inviting. However, the meat was tough. All of us agreed it was too much fat. The fried rice was tasteless.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

This is one of my "MUST VISIT" place when I go to Solo..
It's cooked goat with hot spices... Really recommended for you that loves goat with hot and spicy taste

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

You like lamb? Come here and taste the tengkleng and the sate buntel!! It is spicy and also delicious! I cant stop eating it. Its indescribable!!

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

I have been advised by a local, that this warung has the best reputation amongst the locals in Solo for kembling (goat) and tengkleng, and I believe it.

I've been here four times...the first time I played it safe and had sate....and my table neighbour had tengkleng, and I got food envy.

After that, my next visit, I tried tengkleng and since then I'm avid on tengkleng but only from this warung. A friend took me to another place for tengkleng and I'm convinced Pak Manto is the only place for me.

The cooking process is exciting and intriguing to watch...and the flavor of the tengkleng is amazing! Very unique flavor.

Yes its messy as hell to eat...but the flavor is so worth it. It pays to get there as close to 12pm as possible otherwise you may not get a seat until it quietens down again after 2pm. It's the busiest warung I've ever seen. That's why I decided to try this establishment.

Tengkleng isn't for everyone, many complain too much bone not enough meat...I think its a lucky dip, but the servings are huge so I think there is plenty of meat. I love the veg they put in too, tomato and cabbage at the last minute so they aren't over cooked.

I've heard the tongseng is more meat, less bone but sweeter. But I personally haven't tried. The tengkleng is sweet enough for me...I don't think I could go sweeter.

The service is great too. But if the warung is packed out, you won't be greeted, they don't have time.

I'm addicted to this place so I highly recommend.

1  Thank passionT