“Best ever!”

Tengkleng Rica Pak Manto
Ranked #24 of 365 Restaurants in Solo
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

You like lamb? Come here and taste the tengkleng and the sate buntel!! It is spicy and also delicious! I cant stop eating it. Its indescribable!!

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

I have been advised by a local, that this warung has the best reputation amongst the locals in Solo for kembling (goat) and tengkleng, and I believe it.

I've been here four times...the first time I played it safe and had sate....and my table neighbour had tengkleng, and I got food envy.

After that, my next visit, I tried tengkleng and since then I'm avid on tengkleng but only from this warung. A friend took me to another place for tengkleng and I'm convinced Pak Manto is the only place for me.

The cooking process is exciting and intriguing to watch...and the flavor of the tengkleng is amazing! Very unique flavor.

Yes its messy as hell to eat...but the flavor is so worth it. It pays to get there as close to 12pm as possible otherwise you may not get a seat until it quietens down again after 2pm. It's the busiest warung I've ever seen. That's why I decided to try this establishment.

Tengkleng isn't for everyone, many complain too much bone not enough meat...I think its a lucky dip, but the servings are huge so I think there is plenty of meat. I love the veg they put in too, tomato and cabbage at the last minute so they aren't over cooked.

I've heard the tongseng is more meat, less bone but sweeter. But I personally haven't tried. The tengkleng is sweet enough for me...I don't think I could go sweeter.

The service is great too. But if the warung is packed out, you won't be greeted, they don't have time.

I'm addicted to this place so I highly recommend.

1  Thank passionT
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Basicly sate buntel is lamb meat covered with fat and grilled with coal. They marinated the lamb with some herbs and served with pepper, soy sauce, tomato and cucumber slices. The taste was da bomb. You can watch pak narto cooked the tongseng it was so amusing.

1  Thank Nidia A
Reviewed 14 August 2016

it comes with a good portion but, to me, the taste is a bit too sweet. It maybe unique but the ashes from burnt charcoals are quite annoying.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

You should try Tengkleng rica in this Resto.
So spicy, nothing ungood smells, and you'll got big portion..
I think 1 portion is enough to 2 person..

Try this, and you'll love tengkleng Rica even you never ever like a fresh rica.. (like me), :)