“perfect rice break”
Review of Par Four Cafe

Par Four Cafe
Ranked #34 of 340 Restaurants in Solo
Description: Mr. Gregg's Mission at Par Four Cafe, My goal at Par Four Cafe is to serve you quality food, food that I would want to eat. I take pride in every dish I serve. We are not a fast food restaurant, but we strive to serve good food in a reasonable time. I want you to enjoy your visit with us, and try to create an atmosphere where everyone feels welcome. The only rule I have is that everyone respect my establishment and my other guests. Improper behavior will not be tolerated. Bon Appétit Hp 0811264936
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We had the pork lovers pizza and the chicken schnitzel. Both were excellent. Wished we would have had more time to try the rest.
Beside of the fact that you get here beer at all, you even can give Bitang a break. Go for the relatively new Prost beer and enjoy even more :-).
If there is a next time, we definitely come again.

parfourcafe, Owner at Par Four Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you very much for your wonderful review regarding your visit to Par Four Cafe in Solo, Central Java. Positive reviews like this will always encourage us to do more and more to make our guests happy during their visit. We hope to see you soon again on your next visit to Indonesia. Cheers Gregg and Liz

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been visiting my in-laws in Solo almost every year, since almost 20 years. Each time we come, we stay away from any western cooking in Solo, because we live in Europe and we prioritize the local dishes that we have craved and have been adding on our long must-eat list. Intrigued by reviews of other users on this platform, I decided to give Par Four a try.

The place can seat up to about 30 people, but one must know that the main area is quite small. Besides the bar where four people can sit, they have three big tables for four guests each. This allows a capacity of 12. I think if they shrank the size of the tables a bit, they could increase the capacity easily to 16. There is a big table outside and another one near the kitchen.

We arrived at around 8 p.m. and was greeted by the owner (Liz) who introduced herself and had us choose where to sit. The waitress kindly requested a couple to move to another table so that we (six people including kids between 10-17 yrs of age) could have two tables combined together.

Greg (owner and chef) managed to have all dishes served at the same time. Here goes..

The pork chop was tender with a nice, decent rosemary flavor. It came with a coleslaw garnish that tasted fresh and not overdone. I enjoyed every single bite of everything served on the plate, including the fries.

As to the Clint Eastwood and Cheese burgers, or as to any burger, the main thing I care about is the taste and mouthfeel of the beef patty. Greg's patty was cooked well and yet juicy. The beef flavor was present and yet not too bold. The presentation of the burgers was appealing, and my teenaged kids were happy.

The jumbo rack spare ribs came on a big plate and all of us shared this together. The thick BBQ sauce had a really smooth and nice consistency. One thing I am always worried about when ordering something with gravy or sauce is the thickener in it, typically starches, that would destroy the nice smooth shiny appearance of a high quality gravy once the temperature drops. But here, the sauce maintained its look for as long as we needed to finish the whole load of ribs. I did not mind the fat in the ribs as this is the reason why the meat was soft and juicy. The only thing that I would change (this is to complain on a high level though) is to give the ribs some more smoke flavor, preferrably by grilling it.

The pork lovers' pizza was definitely another highlight. Crust and crumb of the pizza bread was perfect. The topping was so delicious I regret not to have put on my glasses to try to see and tell the ingredients. Will go back to order this again!

Liz was very hospitable, we felt we were treated like friends.

We spent 792k - Prices were very reasonable considering the really high quality and taste of foods served. The only thing that I wish this place would have is more air conditioning and less mosquitos. Next time, I will ask for insect repellent right on arrival.

This was my first visit and I certainly will come again in the future!

1  Thank Jo A
parfourcafe, Owner at Par Four Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you Jo A. for taking the time to write a very thorough, positive, kind and honest review of our cafe.
We are so happy you and your family enjoyed their meals and evening at Par Four. It really touches our hearts when people appreciate our efforts in the kitchen as well as the services we provide.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Sincerely our pleasure, Liz & Gregg

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Really love the pork chop (even more, the double pork chop). Excellent taste. Worth to visit, socialy or even regularly. Closed on Monday.

parfourcafe, Owner at Par Four Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Andreas,

Many thanks for the fantastic 5 star review and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I welcome your kind feedback on our cafe which is incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated.
Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Mr. Gregg and Liz

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

their pork lovers pizza is a killer, cannot find it anywhere else in solo!! good job gregg...., see you again soon

1  Thank andri k
parfourcafe, Owner at Par Four Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Thanks for coming to Par Four Andri, We are so glad to hear you really enjoyed your pork lover's pizza. We want Par Four to be the place where you can get real western style cooking with a reasonable price. We look forward to your next visit. Cheers Gregg, Liz and our staff

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Delicious food!!! Have tried the burgers, steak, ribs and sausages. Consistently great tasting food. The owners are always friendly and welcoming. Equally good for family meal or night out with friends.

2  Thank thushari123
parfourcafe, Owner at Par Four Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you thushari for the wonderful review of our place. We are looking forward to your next visit. Our pleasure, Gregg and Liz