All reviews business trip the hotel offers hotel is located the hotel staff other hotels little bit nice hotel keep up the good work cheap price breakfast menu check in process local food swimming pool statue candi indonesia city
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I stayed in Junior Sweet Room and it's very nice and comfortable room. The bed is very nice. The bathroom has a view to the city of semarang. The living room is big enough. The welcome meal is nice. The breakfast has many variant but the taste is standard. The style and the hotel is old but not creepy.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Natalia_Josephine, E-commerce at Hotel Grand Candi Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Ms. Irene, Thank you for chosing our Grand Candi Hotel for your recent trip to Semarang. We are glad that you felt at home with us and hope to have you with us soon again! it's GOT to be the GRAND CANDI!

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights here in 2016 New Year Eve, I enjoyed the hotel, room, services, pool and breakfast. But I had trouble with my room card twice, my room card did not recognized at lift and I must registered again.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2016

The hotel offers very good service, warm hospitality. The staffs are friendly, helpful and efficient. It didn't take long for check in and get the room. My room on 10th floor and I can see Semarang city from there which the view is stunning in the evening. The breakfast is avarage. You can find a nice restaurant right in front of the hotel, named is S2, which offer various kinds of menu, from Japanese to Western Food. I recommend you to stay at this hotel when you visit Semarang.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel used to be a good and clean one in Semarang, Central Java. But in my recent visit on Nov 14, 2016, I had an unpleasant experience. I was given an up grade in their executive floor. To my surprise, it was horrifying. The floor is a smoking floor which was not my request. The room is smelly, the bath tub is full of molds and the sheet is not properly iron.

When complaining to the manager, they either down grade me into a smaller non smoking room or I have to pay extra usd 100+ for a junior suite. Should be rated less than 3 stars. Definitely not a 5 stars...

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2016

I stay 2 nights at Grand Candi hotel for business trip in early october. It has a good art view in the lobby. But for bed room looks like old room, dark and hot. The air conditioning need to replace to the new one, because the air conditioning not cold and noisy, also in the bed room need to repair or change to the new one, because at the time, in wastafel and shower cold water faucet can't be use, seems broken. For breakfast, the food is not like 5 stars hotel standard, the tasty is poor, also the food not in hot condition, the milk for cereal not hot or not cold, so when poured to cereal the tasty make it bad. I have bad experience with the receptionist for taxi reservation to the airport, I order taxi reservation for 1.30 p.m, but the receptionist already order 1 hour before, and while waiting the taxi already turn on the argo, so when the first time I get in into the taxi, the argo already running until 30 thousand rupiah. Its really awful service from the 5 stars hotel like Grand Candi semarang. I'm strongly not recommended this hotel to all my relation in term of my experience.

Room tip: Find another hotel, not use Grand Candi hotel semarang
Date of stay: October 2016