All reviews self service laundry business trip vending machine simpang lima walking distance local delicacy coffee tea making facilities ihg website free breakfast smart hotel small fridge flat screen tv your luggage food stalls staying at this hotel parking area comfortable bed
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

I use to stay in Holiday Inn Express whenever having business trip in Semarang, Central Java.

Room rates for this hotel is very friendly. The building well maintained, good view in a room...and the most important for me at anytime have a business trip is to have a local culinary.

The hotel location perfectly surrounded by many of local delicacies and culinary. You will not be hunger because you will easily found a very good culinaries around SIMPANG LIMA. "Soto Semarang, Nasi Gandul, Tahu Pong" and many more.

I wrote the name of such food in Indonesia language and I wish travellers will curious to find even come and try to those local delicacies around the hotel. Don't worry, the foods it just in a walking distance. Price of such local delicacies...hmmm...very cheap...Taste...don't just thinking...strongly recommend to travellers to come.

Another reasons make me decided to move from previous hotel where I use to stay before were very helpful staffs. They shown their hospitality as a Javanese ( mostly ).

One of the time, I got injury in my back and I couldn't even stick a medical plaster on it...then you all know what was happening? The staffs knew my difficulty and happily help me to put on it...wow...they were very helpful.

So, travellers...there will be no regrets if you all decided come and stay in this hotel...also enjoy the culinaries around...!!!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
10  Thank frans_sgpmt
George G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Semarang Simpang Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Pak Frans S,

We thank you for your loyalty and recommending Holiday Inn Express Semarang Simpang Lima to other readers. Not only that, you are also recommending Semarang as a great place to visit to enjoy the culinary and I couldn't agree more for all you have elaborated in your review.

Great location, Great Value, Comfy Bed (and room) are our promise as a Holiday Inn Express. And not to forget the friendliness and attentiveness of our staff. I will definitely share your feedback to them.

We are keeping our standard high for products and services that we provide, to ensure you'll find the same or even better experience on your next stay with us.

Once again Thank you, and see you soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2016

4 simple things that concern me when staying in a hotel, convenience, cleanliness, good breakfast and reasonable price.. simple as that, you're in a busy schedule grab a coffee and take out the breakfast, you've got a lot of baggage take the stroller down bellow put in your room... go easy on yourself because they don't have a bellboy.

Every person has their own judgments, until now I'm always satisfied in the service, nice friendly staff, breakfast was tasty, fast check in/out, nice glass room with great city view, and a comfort bed. With a simply reasonable price for the class.. It's a nice hotel. try it your self, ask the reception staff for glass room I always stay in 1202, when I enter I love it already.

Room tip: Ask the reception staff for glass room I always stay in 1202, when I enter I love it already.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank isbandrior
George G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Semarang Simpang Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2016

Dear isbandrior,

Thank you very much for the great review that you share on your recent stay with us.

Our tagline is STAY SMART, and we translate that as: "We provide Everything You Need, and Nothing You Don't"

To deliver that promise, we ensure that we are Located in a prime and strategic location, Provide the best comfort in our room, Free Breakfast and Free Internet for all of our Guest, and last but not least, all of that we provide with affordable price will get you a hotel with a Great value to stay.

Understanding the needs of business traveler which require fast and efficient service, we provide quick check in and check out, Grab & Go breakfast as you mention, Self Service Laundry, vending Machine, Fitness Room, and range of Self Service facilities to ensure you get all you need on your stay in a Hotel.

Once again Thank you, and I hope we will have a pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Semarang.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

For a nice price, this hotel will exceeded your expectation! All the staff are great and very helpful. The breakfast felt almost like a five-star hotel, with lots of variety. The room was nice and clean. The interior and decor are modern and chic. Great location, in the centre of the city -Simpang Lima-. No room service though, but don't worry, as you will be in the centre of the city, just outside the hotel there are many great street food or restaurant near simpang lima open 24 hr. Overall, great value!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
11  Thank hanulsha

Dear Hanna U,

Thank you for your great review on your recent stay with us.

We certainly happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and you found that your stay was value for money, as Great Value is one of the key thing that we promise to deliver to all of guest staying with us.

Once again thank you, and we look forward to welcome you again, soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

As a member of IHG, I feel lucky to get a room as I expected. I love clean and bright room and Fajar was very kind to put me on 0802. When I enter I love it already, size was Okey but the most important is very clean and huge glass windows makes my room very bright, sun shines in through in the morning, and I sleep like a baby. Some noise from the vehicles but not a problem. Nice color Tosca cuisine, very comfort bed, pillows and bedsheets is very clean. High speed Internet access in room or lobby lounge. The shower room also very clean and comfortable. Lighting in rooms are perfect. Breakfast is simple but nice, quite lots of variety and all staff are very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel to many kind of travelers. The location is near to anywhere and shopping centers.

Trip type: Travelled on business
10  Thank LinaJ470
George G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Semarang Simpang Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear Lina J,

Thank you for the five stars rating for our hotel on your recent stay with us and recommending us to TripAdvisor readers. We are flattered and very happy to know that you love our hotel, both on product and services that we provide.

We are maintaining our high standard to ensure our guest's stay enjoyable. And once again thank you for being our Loyalty member.

Great location, Comfy Bed (and room), Free Breakfast and High speed WiFi, are our promise as a Holiday Inn Express. So, it is great to know that you love them!

I will definitely share your feedback regarding Fajar and the whole team. I am very proud that you find the staffs are friendly, efficient and attentive.

We look forward to welcome you back at the Hotel.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

the first consideration when i choose a hotel is clean bed and bath room, here is recommended, simple room with suit color. Simple breakfast but tasty. Close to "simpang lima" where the street food take place and it is mean cheaper food compare with mall or cafe. Good facilities including gym station, room for ironing clothes etc. Hotel staf always smile and very helpful. Been here couple of time, whenever i visisted Semarang on duty or holiday always stay in this hotel. For me .... i like it to stay here

• Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank Desi W
George G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Semarang Simpang Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear Desi W,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel and also recommending us to TripAdvisor readers. We are pleased to know that you love our hotel, both on product and services that we provide.

Great location, Comfy Bed (and room), Free Breakfast and Wi Fi, are our promise as a Holiday Inn Express. We also provide Grab & Go breakfast for our guest who did not had a chance to take breakfast, Self Service Laundry, vending Machine, Fitness Room, and range of Self Service facilities to ensure you get all you need on your stay in a Hotel.

We will always maintain the high standard of products and services that we provide, to ensure you'll find the same or even better experience on your next stay with us.

Once again, Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back soon.