All reviews progo river flying fox star hotel executive room swimming pool my kids love magelang city family hotel playground for kids four nights very nice hotel breakfast menu atv shuttle executives indonesia agoda
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I spend four nights here. I booked the hotel via booking hotel for executive room and when we arrived, the FO staff suggested me to change to new executive room with only 100-200K extra per night (we stayed during peak season of Ramadhan and Lebaran days), of course we took it and also ordered extra bed. The surroundings ambience was very nice, we love to had breakfast in the morning and could saw mountain from our seat. Nasi Goreng was one of the best menu here, also they provide Jamu. Unfortunately they did not change menu of breakfast since we stayed here 4 nights and we have same menu everyday :). My children also loved the playground, although some bikes need to be repaired. After all, it was a beautiful experience to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Puri Asri M, Manager at Hotel Puri Asri, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

We are delighted to read that you have had a good time during your stay.
We already take notes and will pay more attention on the breakfast menu.

Once again, thank you very much & we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Management Hotel Puri Asri

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

this is a hotel meant for families, the hotel has villa and bungalow concept so every room is facing either garden or road. They have various activities for everyone in the family, they have huge children playground, mini bike rides, giant chess board, basket ball field, badminton field, traditional games such as enggrang, bakiak, or tarik tambang. They also have rafting, flying fox and atv but you have to pay extra for those activities. The room was a bit old and heater was so so, but on average it was clean and comfy. Yo can also enjoy your breakfast with beautiful scenery of mountain and paddy field, with birds chirping because they have pigeons house near the restaurant. Overall, it was truly unforgettable experience for us to stay there.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

We are delighted to read that you have had a good time during your stay.
Please try our newest room type - New Executive room for your next visit.

Management Hotel Puri Asri

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed in their president suite. It is really spacious. They have good facilities for the kids to play. Although seems quite old already, it still serves as great hotel with beautiful scenery.
Its a good choice to stay there with family.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Puri Asri M, General Manager at Hotel Puri Asri, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Fransiska S

Reviewed 17 February 2018

First of all, this is purely my own thought based on my experience staying for 2 days in the hotel.
Pluses:

1. Large site, cold fresh weather, great meals for the meeting package.
2. Great receptionist and bell boy that drive the shuttle, very kind and responsive

Breakfast is so so but overall okay to fill the empty stomach in the morning.

Minuses:
1. The room.
This is all the one source of my complaint, the room. I got room in TERATAI. The place located down the hill, right across a stream with a loud sound. Once I opened the door, a smell of moldy rarely used room greeted me. It's not comfortable, the light was dim as well. It's styled as an old style room. I don't mind old style room, but the moldy feeling...no.
I requested new room right away, a new, modern room. They said they have it. So there I went.

2. Bad Lighting.
The place is huge, but keep the light very low. In some spots, there's no light at all.. It's not a dim cool feeling, it's more like I'm a part of a horror movie. Sorry, it traumatized me.

Overall review of the room:
New room, which is located in ALAMANDA, is way better. It's totally a new modern room style, which is very nice and comfortable. But the room was not too clean, I found some dust around the room.
So if any of you wants to stay in this hotel, please do order ALAMANDA only. And if you're not too brave to stay in the room alone, always go with someone with you.

I would like to express my gratitude toward the bellboy that really been very patient in the process of moving me and my colleague from TERATAI to our friend's room in AZALEA then to ALAMANDA. Thank you for being extra and for still accompany us until 11 AM to get to the room.

Should I get the ALAMANDA room first, I wouldn't complain.
I would suggest the hotel to start renovating all the rooms available there. Create it to be all ALAMANDA style please.

Room Tip: Choose ALAMANDA room type
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank yuriecag

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.
Thank for the appreciation on our staff and wee are apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

The New Executive room, such as: Alamanda block, is one room type higher than the Executive Room.
And we're glad that you like it.
Since end of 2016, our hotel has continuously working to improve our room and currently we have six block of New Executive Room that are newly built, not just renovated.

We hope to see you again in our hotel in the future.
Have a nice day.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

The area are so big, with high elevation of the road. The thing that very interesting is there is some place exacty beside a river, big river. You can sit and relax, drinking coffee, or play with your children (there is playing arena at the area)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business