“Very cosy and beautiful ”
Review of Kampung Daun

Kampung Daun
Ranked #18 of 2,161 Restaurants in Bandung
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We went for our dinner. It was a weekday night, so the crowd was less. The place was well lighted up & it was just beautiful. We came to the place before, almost 10 years ago & we felt that we just need to see the place again. It has changed a lot after all those years. The best part of having dinner at the place was you could hear the sound of the waterfall nearby. It was so romantic.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

My driver warn me abt this place, not up to expectation. I insist of going cos is high ranking in trip advisor. Suppose to be top 10 dining place.

I was wrong, the sitting area is very dim.. If is bright u can see how dirty the hut is. insects and ants around, But so dim n romantic, u wont see so many insects around u and table full of ants. The cushion is moldy, i dare not touch. The food were serve cold. My chicken set was so dry and hard. My partner fry fish same. We end up sharing with the cats nearby. The cats were so happy n party around our hut.. but we were disappointed. Will not go again fr sure, but wl miss those cats.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

As there were no review sharing the best time to arrive this venue, we were there 15 minutes before opening time at 11am! It's really a setup for the locals of various group sizes. From little hut fit for 2 lovebirds to 30 pax event house scattered along a vast serene jungle.

We only managed to get some small local desserts and a cup of coffee since they are not opened fully at that time. No one explained to us how the ordering works since the huts and booths are so far apart. So, it is not any wonder why some reviewers complained that their food was cold upon arrival. We are not sure how to buzz for services or if the knocking bamboo set at the entrance of each booth is meant for hailing for the same.

But we enjoyed the morning walk listening to the water meandering through the village. For those interested, please give them a call first as it maybe better to go in conjunction of shows and sit probably nearer to the main event area to avoid frustration in calling for assistance.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered this two dishes. Waited for more then half an hour. By the time the food served to me, it was not hot. It was cold. Very disappointed. Sit in the special hut and the sitting mat was tarnished with black stains.

1  Thank Koyoto81
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I always come to this restaurant when I was at Bandung. This place had a great atmosphere for eat and also rest. The great ambience was provided with traditional style and surrounded with bamboo forest. The food was also nice as I recommended the Gurame Bakar and Sirsak juice with mango flavour.