The hotel was a 10 minute drive from Ubud. Everything about the place was exquisite and wonderfully thought through. We had a fabulous room stuffed full of antiques and treasures (sleep walkers beware!!) that took our breath away. Luxuriously appointed with a bathroom to die for. I took the opportunity to stay in one of the villas for a few nights; iidyllic. Breakfast (four tables, so no overcrowding) individually prepared by the friendliest of staff overlooking a verdant green valley. A choice of three different swimming pools (including a tranquility pool) ensured privacy & seclusion.
The owner (Peter) personally showed us around the gallery and antiquities enthralling us with his knowledge of rare Chinese porcelain and artefacts.....an absolute must.
After a torrid (horrid?!) time in Kuta and Jimbaran, which was awful our stay here salvaged the holiday and left us with the most treasured memories. A MUST for any visitor !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Tanah Merah Art resort is located only 4 km (4000 m) from the center of busy Ubud. The short scenic route from Ubud winds thru rice terraces with view of the big volcanoes until you arrive at the hotel with the only access in Ubud to the Petanu river in the jungle, where you can swim up to the waterfall. The 18 villas and rooms are decorated with art and antiques. The unique museum and gallery here take you thru 2000 years of Indonesian and Balinese history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanah Merah Art Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Hotel Ubud
- Tanah Merah Resort And Gallery
- Tanah Merah Hotel Gallery
- Tanah Merah Art Resort Ubud, Bali