All reviews raw food steam room detox program zen villas coconut water juices and smoothies colonic irrigation healing massage green juice herbal tea spirit package hot ginger river room spa treatments body and soul rice fields new wing
Reviewed 2 January 2018

I enjoyed the Healing Week in Bali seven-day residential retreat at Ubud Sari Health Resort and I can honestly say it was excellent. The program included cleansing, fasting and a variety of other health activities, guided by two program Leaders who look after you everyday. Any of the nominated activities you are free to modify and/or remove from the program, with the cost then deducted from your overall account at the end of your stay.
The staff are incredible, they check in on you regularly making sure you are having enough water etc, and at the slightest headache they'll have an alkalising shot ready in a moment!
The location of the Resort is such that you're just 5 minutes walk from the main Ubud shopping drag. A few days it's quite hard to get yourself moving, as you're detoxing and naturally pretty low on energy, however it is nice to have the option to walk around when you're feeling up to it. Mind you, some people commented they found that too tempting since you're fasting though I didn't have that issue as the juices, smoothies and soups were incredibly filling, delicious and nourishing.
The resort isn't brand new by any means, however some of the rooms have been renovated and are really beautiful. That said, the grounds and gardens are just gorgeous and I felt the relaxed vibe the resort portrays further enhances the healing experience. There certainly aren't any pretentious feelings about the resort - it is homely, comfortable and just perfect.
There are two pools, I did not swim at the main pool up by the yoga room as I was lucky the smaller pool was right near my room. Both pools have ample poolside lounges and towels for guest use.
Treatments wise, I elected to not have the colonic cleansing however massage wise I thoroughly enjoyed all with particular note on the deep tissue and Balinese healing massage.
The accommodation is varied - there are zen cabins and riverside/deluxe rooms. I enjoyed a deluxe room which was upstairs, gorgeous views of nearby gardens and trees and was simple, huge yet perfect. There was a large bed with full mosquito net, a lounge and table area, large bathroom (shower water pressure wasn't brilliant but I managed) and a separate dressing room with ample storage for bags and personal items.
There are personal safes available for guests in the lobby behind reception, which is monitored by security camera 24/7.
Laundry is done for you - you simple put your clothes in the basket and they magically appear back that afternoon stunningly clean and pressed (including underwear)!
At the end of the week I felt I was truly refreshed, re-energized and relaxed. I thoroughly enjoyed the week and was actually sad to leave the beautiful grounds and staff for my next stop in Bali (Kuta).
Since my retreat, I have since returned not for accommodation but for massage treatments.
I look forward to returning for another retreat, hopefully, in 2018. And without hesitation, I would recommend Ubud Sari Health Resort to others.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Destination_wherever
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Well organised, staff were exceptional and flexible, therapists were professional.
Other guests were friendly and like minded.
Beautiful grounds, relaxed atmosphere. Total rejuvination, and best of all were only charged with what we did.
Perfect place to take some time out for your self. We met a man that has been going there since it started.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017

After exploring Ubud for several days we wanted to treat ourselves with nice bath and massage. Reservation and staff at the arrival was great. Changing rooms could be cleaner. In the middle of massage I was left alone in the massage room and suddenly I feel another living creature in the room. What a surprise!! It was a quite big rat walking around ( maybe that's normal there, don't know ). I didn't wait the end of the massage.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank DraganST12
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Spring rolls delicious, and had the quac again. Glad I went back as the OTT staff have settled and back to good food in okay surrounds. Only negative is the fasters yakking away about how many days and how they feeling - been there done that.

Will be back for the spring rolls again - fresh vegetables in rice paper with lovley sauce.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I love Ubud Sari, It is so peaceful yet just a short walk from the main centre of Ubud. The rooms are always clean and well kept and if you can get a room on the top level next to the upper pool it's heavenly. The RAW food menu is excellent and fairly priced. I highly recommend this place for short or long stay.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the top level swimming pool are my favourite.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple