I really wanted to give the Resort 5 stars, how ever to the detriment of the staff the Managers/Owners have the the whole team down
There are a lot of plus sides to the resort. It looks wonderful from a "far away: view. The pool looks magnificent, the dining areas are great, the entrance is inviting, and the views over the rice fields from the restaurant were all that I expected and the staff are courteous nearly to a fault. The hourly shuttle was a plus although it was a nice 1/2hr ish walk into the centre of Ubud which we preferred to do
However when you looks closer the resort is getting quite run down, and I cannot understand why they are building new rooms before performing much needed maintenance.
- On the paths they have nice slate reliefs but quite a few of the slates pieces are missing, sometimes they just replaced with concrete sometimes not.
- The bottom of the mozzie nets in my cabana were ripped
- One of the sandstone tiles in my cabana was broken with a big chunk missing
- A piece of decking in my room had been replaced, but with a piece that was a good 5mm thicker so it was a tripping hazard
- The bottom of the fridge outside was mouldy
- There was mouse droppings in the drawers in the outside kitchen
- Numerous lights globes were out
- This is a strange one, the mozzie netting on our bed went all the way around except for an approx 10 cm gap at the head of the bed... hello mozzie bites. Oh the mozzie came in through the toilet where the top of the window is just wooden bars, no glass
- The decking around the mail pool was extremely dangerous, with rotten boards, nails coming up and pieces just missing. i nearly went through the boards a couple of times
- A screw was missing in the support to the back of the sun lounge in my villa
- The Wifi is shocking, dont rely on using it in your room, you need to go to the main entrance.
The biggest single disappointment was our view. Was it nice, yes extremely but in the end we paid for a rice field view and and you can see from my picture "view from my pool" I couldn't see any rice field, which is why I spent an extra $100 per night, all I could see was the main pool area.
My wife and I had a big discussion on whether we would come back, it started with a definately, we had a wonderful time the resort is a nice walking distance out from Ubud, our rooms were comfortable but it came around to if we could find something similar at the same or similar price with nice reviews from Trip Advisor then no, but if we couldn't the yes we would come back. After looking at the reviews of other hotels, I think my answer might be No, i thinkwe can find a nice a view with as nice staff, just not so run down
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the verdant hillsides of Ubud, Ubud Village Resort & Spa is a perfect Balinese hideaway for romantic couples, honeymooners and families alike. Overlooking an expanse of gorgeous terraced rice paddies, Ubud Village Resort and Spa has a relaxing atmosphere throughout which is further enhanced by excellent service and guest amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR and Prestigia so you can book your The Ubud Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ubud Village Resort And Spa
- The Ubud Village Hotel Ubud
- The Ubud Village Resort & Spa Bali