Champlung Sari Hotel
US$ 428
Travelocity
US$ 1,331
US$ 1,260
Pertiwi Bisma 2(Ubud)(Great Value!)
US$ 47
US$ 28
Trip.com
US$ 119
Cancelon
All reviewsmonkey forestmonkeys runningmonkeys visithotel groundsbuffet breakfastmini martthe breakfast areaclose to shopsrooms are nicethe main streetfantastic locationsuperior roomstayed here for two nightsubud marketthe hustle and bustleyoga barninfinity pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights mid March 2012 and absolutely loved our stay at this hotel and in Ubud and would definately return. This hotel has everything a traveller could want, perfect central location, amazing service even if you don't expect to be waited on hand and foot, clean, stylish and comfortable rooms with views over the rice paddies at the back of the hotel and a great pool area as well for those wanting to catch a few rays! We booked on Agoda as that is seriously the only way to book hotels unless you like to set light to your wallet and watch it burn. We asked to see the available rooms on arrival, and negotiated a small fee to upgrade to their best room which we loved and didnt want to leave after the 4 days. The hotel staff would ask us as we came past reception if there was anything they could do for us, they recommended an amazing cooking class and even called up and booked for us, then gave us a wake up call in the morning and packed us a small takeaway breakfast each which was very cute and thoughtful. The hotel staff also sang me happy birthday at breakfast on my actual birthday and presented me with a cake which was adorable! There are also resident (and cheeky) monkeys who loiter around at breakfast and one daring monkey jumped up on our table and put his hands in my cake, put cream on his face, stared straight at us with his cream faced grin before taking off just as quickly - I've never laughed so much! What a great experience! Definately recommend Champlung Sari to all travellers!

Room Tip: Book on Agoda! Travel agents are a waste of time and money. I am not sure what kind of room we actually booked, but we were able to negotiate a price for their best rooms on arrival and after sighting the rooms available. Be a polite, friendly and respectful westener and you will be treated well. Nothing worse than snobby, wingy, stuck up westeners giving us all a bad reputation amongst locals who are amazingly beautiful and kind hearted people!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Lovely hotel, good sized lobby area and two great pools.
On arrival we were shown to our room which was quite out of the way, sadly it was full of mossies! I went around a swatted over half a dozen before running a shower, the water did not drain away properly so we called reception and asked politely to change rooms. (This is a first for us - we are not complainers)

The next room we were given was obviously an upgraded room (no.309) it was much larger and had a canopy bed, which after the run in with all the mosquitos previously was very welcomed! It was also better located and just near the pool.

The pool is lovely and the setting of this hotel is really beautiful.

Breakfast as you can read from all reviews is full of monkeys - we enjoyed watching this, it was fun and entertaining.

Location of this hotel is excellent, it is at the bottom of Monkey Forrest Road which seems to be one of the main tourist roads in ubud, it is full of shops, warungs, bars etc and the market is at the top of the (very long) street.

Wifi- shame you cannot have this in your room, however no problems getting a good connection in reception and pool area.

Tips;
lovely place to eat in gorgeous setting is cafe lotus on champung st? and also murnies (ground floor is best view) on same street but a lot further down the road, bridges is another place which is highly recommended on trip - pricier- however as munies is next door you are really having the same beautiful setting at cheaper prices.
monkey forest is fun way to spend half hour or so and just next door.
some great live music on in the bars at night time.

enjoy
pm if any questions etc.
sarah

Room Tip: if you are not happy with room, just politely ask to change as we did!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sarahnphil
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at this very nice hotel in Ubud recently. Lovely open lobby and pool area. Good for using your laptop if you can't get good reception in your room. We upgraded to a room closer to the main area of the hotel. It had an enclosed patio. Very large bathroom with an unusual floor. Champlung Sari is next to the Monkey Sanctuary so sometimes the monkeys come over to see what's for breakfast. Staff is adept in chasing them off. Nice if standard breakfast buffet. The hotel is nicely set back from the busy Monkey Forest Road so it's quiet. The shops and restaurants are right outside, but it was nice to go back to this oasis in the bustle of Ubud. Helpful front desk staff too.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are far from the main desk and uninspired. Get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I had booked a deluxe room primarily because I wanted the canopy bed. From the pics on line, I didn't notice a discernible difference amongst the rooms aside from that. I was taken to a room and was disappointed to see no canopy, but I asked to be moved and they were able to do so. Also, the clerk at check in asked if I would be interested in a bike tour the following morning and in fact I was. A friend had stayed at this hotel just a few weeks prior and recommended the tour. He said he would book it, but when I arrived the next morning I learned after waiting 45 minutes he never did so. When I saw him later that evening he didn't apologize, even though I'm confident the morning clerk mentioned the faux paux to him. I should mention he error was fortuitous, as I had the best day my first day there. Went to a wonderful yoga class at yoga barn (highly recommend), rafting in the afternoon, then had a much needed foot massage and manicure at Venezia Spa, a short walk away. Took the bike tour the following day, and I was underwhelmed.

The other reviewers are right about the monkeys! They are hysterical and add quite a lot to the overall experience at this hotel. I should also mention that I was traveling alone, and the convenient location was a plus. I would return to this hotel in the future with my husband, as I know he would LOVE the monkeys freely roaming about as well.

Room Tip: If you don't care about the canopy, go for a standard room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank boababe
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The location is the most advantageous aspect of this hotel. Right next to monkey forest ubud and all shops around its a good place to shop as well as have food in adjoining restaurants across the streets. It's a good hotel considering you don't wanna spend more on stay. Monkeys wake you up in the morning in your balconies and give u company for breakfast. Though the hotel staff is busy seen chasing the monkeys you enjoy the breakfast. Loved the greenery surrounding the hotel.

Room Tip: Not been to any other room so can't review
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple